IGNORED

New to the group, and just had a great find

JesuSlaveX

http://webpages.charter.net/jesuslavex/atari/

Let me know what I've stumbled across.  Rarity, value, history, anything.  I'm pretty much clueless on this one

I picked up something almost identical to that a couple of years ago for about $15 around here. It came with about 10 boxed games (all very, very common), too. Sold the whole thing -- games and all -- for around $150 on eBay. Not a bad lick at all.

As for history, it's my understanding those units were the early ones sent to retailers to demo. I could be wrong, and I'm sure someone around here will correct me if that's the case :D

Hey Donald and Hawgwyld, I didnt know you were from springdale HAWG and donald welcome to AA, I see that you are from little rock to. I am here in little rock also, well acctually north little rock. Man us arkansans will have to get together and have a trading and playing weekend or something?? :D :D

Hey Donald and  Hawgwyld, I didnt know you were from springdale HAWG and donald welcome to AA, I see that you are from little rock to. I am here in little rock also, well acctually north little rock. Man us arkansans will have to get together and have a trading and playing weekend or something?? :D  :D

Not a bad idea, provided my wife will let me escape and play games. And, I'm down that way quite a bit -- grew up in Benton, and visit often.

Heh. Do they still call North Little Rock "Dogtown?"

As for history, it's my understanding those units were the early ones sent to retailers to demo. I could be wrong, and I'm sure someone around here will correct me if that's the case  :D

From the JerryG Guide to Classic VideoGames:

Model No. CX-2600A. The box is printed "Promotional Use Only Not For Resale" across the front and back.” Bottom of console is hot-stamped the same. We purchased one of these unopened complete in the original cardboard outer box from the original owner who said he received it as part of an automotive sales promotion when he bought a new 1983 Mustang from Fair City Ford in Pomona, California. As far as he could remember it was being given away only with the purchase of a new Mustang but may have been used in other promotional give-aways! The outer box was marked, “Options Magic, Award Program.”

JerryG