IGNORED

SIO2PC Problems

Allan

Anyone know what might be wrong with my SIO2PC cable? When I run APE I get a message that says "APE detected data on COM1, but no control Activity. Your cable or com port maybe defective. Press back to try again, or press FINISH to exit and configure manually" I can't seem to get any further. Any suggestions?

Allan

That means the command line on the Atari is not getting through to the PC. Basically you have a bad connection somewhere, though there are other possibilities depending on your setup.

Did you build the cable yourself? If so what plans did you build from?

Steve

That means the command line on the Atari is not getting through to the PC.  Basically you have a bad connection somewhere, though there are other possibilities depending on your setup.

Did you build the cable yourself?  If so what plans did you build from?

Steve

The setup is simple. A plain 130XE connected to older Compaq Presario running Windows 95. I don't have anything else hooked up like a drive or a printer, etc. I got the SIO2PC cable right here through AtariAge sometime in December.

Allan

I would double check that you have the cut wires screwed into the correct jacks and that they are making contact with the metal contacts inside the terminal blocks.

You could also try replacing the 1489 chip in the interface, if it has a blown gate that could cause the problem.

Steve

• 5 weeks later...

Ape runs in DSR mode normally as default. Think there is a jumper on the sio2pc cable to put it in that mode?

But if you have one with out a jumper, you can put the ape in sio2pc mode.

Dont use the pro functions, they do not work with sio2pc, or the ape cable. YOu must order a second cable, the ape pro cabel for the pro functions to make atr, or put an atr on the ibm onto an atari disk.

Did you order the upgrade disk? Or is it the download trial version?

Some of the upgrade disks had a problem, and they kill the ape function, but allow the ape pro function to work. If this sounds like your problem, and it is my problem, then email the guy and explain whats going on. They say my upgrade disk is at fault, and are sending me another one.

Until I get that I have to make atr on one with the pro function and cable, and then go to my other pc and use the trial to just run the atari from it.