IGNORED

Thrift stores in Michigan

bond007pr

There's a ton of collectors in michigan that clean the thrifts out. But I do know there's about 4 or 5 on fort street downriver of detroit.

There's also a number in downtown detroit, but that's my friends stomping grounds and she refuses to tell me what stores exactly she's getting all her stuff at :P

I just found a brand new in box 1025 printer at a goodwill for about 5 bucks the other day. Has all the plastic and everything and doesn't look used at all.

I have been looking for a while in the Holland, Grand Rapids area and don't find much. There are a few pawn shops in GR that always have commons for 3.00 a piece, but I never get any of them.

I haven't found anything decent in a thrift store around here in years.  Dried up is putting it mildly

Tempest

Last time I went with achika we found..

TI-99 computer boxed

Channel f videocart 3

3 sega cd games

10 playstation games

a mario air freshener :?

wico 2600 controller

Not bad as far as hardware goes, but games? Ehhhh.

A few years ago, I'd have no problem finding good stuff. Like a near complete Coleco Gemini console, bucketload of 2600 and CV games and even a Sears Arcade with 30 boxed games. In the past year, I probabvly found a grand total of 30 2600 carts and a few NES carts, most of them that aren't even worth the price. I regularly cover stores in Flint and Saginaw with a few other stores here and there. It's just not as easy as it used to be. When I do find something, they aren't cheap either. :P

-still debating if I really want a loose CD-i system, no controller, with one game at a pawn shop for $250 :D

No luck over here. I found a bunch of beat-up 5200 carts at the Value Village in ypsi once, though. Got my copy of Pitfall II there. In general, thrift in southeastern Michigan isn't too good for finding items of value or collectibility... they're often cleaned out.

A few months ago, a classmate did find a Roland TB-303 in perfect condition with original carrying case at the Ann Arbor Kiwanis for $30. What a weird machine... and such unbelievable luck on his part.

It just seems like eBay losers scour the stores clean with the sole purpose of auctioning everything they find off.

A pawn shop owner wanted $250 for a CD-i with one game? Did he at least offer to give your car a tuneup, or paint your house, or have one night with his wife? For $250, you should get all of those. Plus a remote.

well you didnt have me in your way last year at all

i didnt go out looking for anything since i got this full time job exactly 1 year ago tomorrow, and i think i will be liquidating some of my systems and games soon as well

i just dont care to look for anymore games/systems

but there is always the exceptions like Neo Geo, Turbo Duo (ive always wanted those 2 systems) , and possibly one other i cant think of right now

@ Susuwatari - heh the CDi machine has probably been in there since 1995 so he is still keeping his same pricing ;)

i found a nice working CDi 450 (no controller or TV hook ups) for $1 on ebay last year, but i sent the auction to a buddy and he bought it, he paid more for the controller then the system $15 for the system $20 for the controller :D

the last time i went to the Gibralter trade center in Taylor was early january

there are 3 places in there that sell videogames, selling from $2 to $5 loose atari 2600 games to modern stuff

the guy who i got the mint Snatcher game for $10 and Third World War minus the case for free :) - his booth was pretty empty, i hope it was because of selling off all his stuff during xmas. he will buy and sell all kinds of stuff for every system

and the best thing is you can haggle with them on the prices :D

I wasn't actually going to get that $250 console. I could get a complete CD-i from eBay for under $20 and at this moment, only 1 game interested me but not enough to justify a $100 bid that goes with this rare game.

That pawn shop is more likely to toss it in the dumpster rather than to lower it to $25 or less.

there are 3 places in there that sell videogames, selling from $2 to $5 loose atari 2600 games to modern stuff

the guy who i got the mint Snatcher game for $10 and Third World War minus the case for free :) - his booth was pretty empty, i hope it was because of selling off all his stuff during xmas. he will buy and sell all kinds of stuff for every system

and the best thing is you can haggle with them on the prices  :D

I was there about 2 weeks ago and only saw one shop that had Atari games. the other booth I saw had some kid working there and he didn't even know what an Atari was. where are they located if you don't mind saying? are they located in the front(facing Eureka) or toward the back of the place?

and the best thing is you can haggle with them on the prices  :D

I was there about 2 weeks ago and only saw one shop that had Atari games. the other booth I saw had some kid working there and he didn't even know what an Atari was. where are they located if you don't mind saying? are they located in the front(facing Eureka) or toward the back of the place?

in the front

walking down the main isle, there is one on the right, he sells movies and videogames (his atari games were on the bottom of glass counter)

then just alittle bit further on the left is where you probably saw the kid :D

there is usually an older guy there but he has 2 booths and he leaves his kid to watch over it alot, i think the oldest thing he had last time i looked was a NES games in a rack on the counter, then it would be some saturn, DC, GC, xbox, and ps2 games

then the last one, walk across and down the isle then take a left its on the right hand side usually next to a carhartt booth, thats the one where i got the best deals and the one i said earlier looked empty