IGNORED

Atari 2600 clone

DJK

Hey all, I need some help here

I got a Atari 2600 clone, pic below, and now I'm searching for 2 things, 1 is information about this console itself, (what company made it, in which year etc), second and most important is the names of the build in games ...

This is the closest I got :

http://www.pelikonepeijoonit.net/vcc.html

This one looks quite similar to mine but I suspect is a earlier model as it has less games build in.

Here is a picture of mine :

http://www.users.skynet.be/bk237499/560.JPG

Any info really appreciated :)

This one looks quite similar to mine but I suspect is a earlier model as it has less games build in.  

Here is a picture of mine :  http://www.users.skynet.be/bk237499/560.JPG

Hey, that looks like mine! Does it say Rinco at the bottom?

What are the games? Here is my list:

+------------------------------------------------------------------------------+

|                                                                              |

|                     +----------------------------+                           |

|                     |                            |                           |

1.  Demon Attack          Ski Hunt                     The Earth Dies Screaming    Motocross

2.  Mafia                 Gopher                       Mission 3000 A.D.           Pyramid War

3.  Pooyan                Panda Chase                  Hole Hunt                   Nuts

4.  Galatic (Nexar)       Mega Force                   Fire Spinner                "Defender-Clone"

5.  Mr. Postman           Jawbreaker                   Spiderdroid                 Pac Kong

6.  Submarine (M*A*S*H)   Barnstorming                 Krieg der Sterne (Atlantis) World End

7.  Sub Scan              Plaque Attack                Tom Boy                     Thunderground

8.  Dragon Fire           Grand Prix                   Video Pinball               Fire Fighter

9.  International Soccer  Snail Against Squirrel       Commando Raid               Dancing Plates

10. Super Ferrari         Maze Craze                   Oink!                       Frostbite

11. "Underwater"          Spider Fighter               "Phoenix"                   Icehockey

12. RealSports Volleyball Missile Control              Bi! Bi!                     Space Raid

13. Superman              Infiltrate                   Astrowar (Dimax)            River Raid Clone

14. Space Robots          Fast Food                    Donkey Kong                 River Raid Clone

15. Cross Force           Planet Patrol                Cosmic Ark                  Lock 'n Chase

16. Room Of Doom          Starmaster                   Strategy X                  Venture Clone

17. Challenge             Bowling                      Farmyard                    Criminal Pursuit

18. Keystone Kapers       Circus Atari                 Zoo Fun                     IQ-180

19. Berzerk               Dodge 'Em                    Frogs And Flies (better!)   Word Zapper

20. Worm War 1            Bobby Is Going Home          Parachute                   M.A.D.

21. Mariana (Seaquest)    Boom Bang                    Time Warp                   Master Builder

22. Duck Shoot            Great Escape                 Immies & Aggies             Clown Downtown

23. Dragon Defender       River Raid Clone             Traffic                     Bermuda

24. Alien Return          Pac Man                      Base Attack                 Frogger

25. Space Cavern          Atlantis Clone               Spiderman                   Tuby Bird

26. SpaceMaster X7        Open Sesame                  Bank Heist                  Towering Inferno

27. Yar's Revenge         Hey! Stop! (Keystone Kapers) Fast Eddie                  Carnival

28. Bobby Is Going Home   Brick Kick                   Defender                    Threshold

29. Gas Hog               Racquetball                  Octopus                     Air Raiders

30. Tanks But No Tanks    Laser Gates                  Trick Shot                  Sea Hawk

31. Karate                Super Challenge Baseball     Q*Bert                      Cosmic Creeps

32. Missile Command Clone Megamania                    Fire Birds                  Save Our Ship

Hey

Don't think it's that one, don't see that anywhere, on the back is a sticker with :

TV Game Compatible

2600B

NO. 910698389

and in the console itself "Made In Tawain"

Also on the front the two stickers say "560 games included" while your list is far shorter ...

Could be I'm wrong though and it is this one you have to

Ah. yes, the Taiwanese PAL-B clones that always seem to have a different number of games, yet always the same ones....

Attached is a photo of mine.... how they managed to justify putting "2001 games" on one of them I don't know!

Incidentally, I have a 208 games console that doesn't have the little silver circles, and actually *does* have 208 games, but the others all tend to be the same. I think they just made up a number when they made them!

post-2693-1078660039_thumb.jpg

The list posted above does look very familiar.

Most of the clones have exactly the same games on them - though some differ (my 64-in-1 Australian Jr. clone has more Atari games on it IIRC, and my 208-in-1 has the extra 80 games made up of Atari games and the like. The 128-in-1s like that one tend to avoid the earlier Atari games I think.

Incidentally, they're almost always hacks, not copies... i.e. Keystone Kapers below.

post-2693-1078664109_thumb.jpg

That is relative...are the variations considered to be "games"?  They are on Atari boxes.  The Space Invaders cart -alone- is 112 games. :roll:

And it just happens to come to 2001? And the same games also happen to come to 444? Always a round number.. suspicious!

Nah, they just made it up, I reckon.....

• 1 month later...

A few days ago I stumbled at, what I thought, was a genuine 2600 at a local flea market. Upon second glance it turned out to be a clone with 128 games built in.

I was really happy with this find as I allways just wanted to have an Atari VCS to re-live childhood memories and the only game I ever played on the VCS was Pac-Man and River Raid as far as I can remember, which are both included though the colours in River Raid are off.

I opened it up to have a look at the PCB and it says 2600B 3 in 1 rev 1.0

There is room on the PCB for the ROM-select switch and an additional couple of ROMS but it just has the one with 128 games on it.

Good thing about these clones is that they give a better image quality than the average original VCS, though I'm still hoping to be able to be able to add S-video output to it for even better image quality.

Not what I'd call "rare" but not common either.... they're about rarity 4 I'd say, they come up pretty frequently.

They're worth it for the curiosity itself.. I was just browsing one of my 208-in-1s (my favourite one as it's got the most games in!) and realised that Lock'n'Chase wasn't actually Lock'n'Chase per se, but a hack - two of the cops are animated men, and the player is a small bird. Weeird (and hence interesting!).

Or then there's the Space Jockey hack by Sunteck Co. which puts your helicopter against AWACs and stuff like that... all good fun!