IGNORED

Shameless plug...

Ian Primus

After having constructed arcade style controls for myself, I thought that others might be interested. I typed up an ad so-to-speak, and I thought I would post here to see if anyone was intereseted.

Are you sick of the stock controllers for your favorite video game console/computer? Do you want a real arcade joystick and some mashable, poundable arcade buttons? I can help you! I can create controllers for many systems, in any layout, with real arcade parts. The cost will vary depending on the type of console it will be for, as some consoles need special encoder chips, etc. Also, there are a lot more buttons on a SNES controller than there are on the Atari 2600 controller. Email me at ian.primus@usa.net for an estimate. Also, be sure to consider what size case you want it in, what the case should be made from, button layout, etc. If your favorite console isn't on the list, email me with what you want anyway, there is a good chance I can do it, but I may need to borrow the console to test it with...

I can make custom controllers for the following systems:

Atari 2600 (track and field, video touchpad and paddle style controllers possible)

Atari 7800

Nintendo

Super Nintendo

PC(digital)

Sega Genisis

Sega Master System (controllers are electrically the same as Atari 7800)

Sony Playstation

Systems I can _probably_ make controllers for

ColecoVision(I don't have one of these, so I would have no way to test it, but I can probably build one when I get a test unit)

Intellivision(In the case of the Intellivision 1 and 3, this would require modifying the console itself, and in the case of the Intellivision 2, I would need to borrow one to test it on, as I only have the Intellivision 3)

Macintosh

The following require analog control sticks, and are possible, but I have never tried

Nintendo 64

Sega Dreamcast

Atari 5200

Apple II

TRS-80 Color Computer

PC(analog)

I really don't know about the following consoles, and I would need a test unit for them, but anything is possible. (also note that I have never even seen these consoles...)

Bally Astrocade

Vectrex

Sega Saturn

Atari Jaguar

I _MIGHT_ be able to add features like autofire for an additional cost, but I haven't done it before.

NOTE:I do not do this as a business, but as a hobby. I do not charge much for labor, mainly just parts. I am not making a lot of money off of this, I do it for fun. If you think the cost is too high, keep in mind the quality of the parts I am using. $2 a button may seem like a lot, but they also last forever. I also have a 90-day warrenty on controllers. If it stops working due to construction defects instead of manhandleing/misuse, I'll fix it free. (+shipping). Also, if something goes kafluey after that time is up, I'll probably still fix it free (+shipping), provided it was a construction problem and not wear and tear or manhandleing/misuse. Any other repairs (dropped, manhandled, abused, button wears out(very rare!), etc. can be fixed for a small fee for parts) I am not responsible for any damage to your console, personal injury or property damage, resulting or pertaining to the use/misuse of one of my controllers. (Not that I believe it would happen, but I don't want to get sued by someone with an acute case of "Pac-Man elbow".)

So - what do you think?

Ian Primus

ian.primus@usa.net