IGNORED

Wouldn't it be nice?

emkay

http://www.atariage.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=46031

In 8-bit's ancient times ( ;) ) I dreamed of the possibility to create similar (or better) cartoon videos on the ATARI. But there was no mass storage Hardware and no Software to create such.

To put such idea into reality, a fast drive on the parallel port would have been necessary. Perhaps a Megacart does have enough memory, a Moviemaker for this would still be left....

Can this be changed ? :)

Moviemaker could do something similar...linking multiple 'toons together.  Loading speed would be the only issue, but less important when using an external method like SIO2PC.

I doubt that Moviemaker is able to handle G2F like screens and putting them together with some RMT style music. And, Yes, "only" with a parallel device it would be possible to create data transfers without any beep and the speed that would be needed for this. And it would be possible to poll Data-Blocks without any timing issues and size limits.

But what for?

Good question ;)

For what reason do people try to create new software and hardware?

:ponder:

So it will be used ;)

OK... now, here and today I would say, forget it :roll:

But... ABBUC has taken a new place in a german Event called "Hobbytronic" and to support the project something special must happen...

What would be the best eye-catching thing to make people taking care about it?

A "movie" played on A8 hardware... even if it is an animated cartoon... would be one possibility...

• 2 weeks later...