IGNORED

Vynil Data

devwebcl

Well,

Atari itself (as a daughter of Time-Warner or Warner Bros.) did record several Vinyl Singles and LP`s. I have two Vinyl singles at home, they are "Pacman Fieber" (german version of Pacman Fever!) and "Space Invaders". From a friend (Sijmen Schouten, author of MyIDE) I got several audio CD`s with approx. 20-26 Vinyl singles, he recorded. Alas, I only have an old PC at home, that cannot burn CD`s (how to do that under MS DOS 6.22 and a 240MB harddisk?) nor MP3`s... So, I cannot send any copies via Internet... -Andreas.

Well,

I think that Chris Thompson (hopefully the lead singer of Manfred Mann`s Earth Band, not just someone with the same name) did some music for Atari in the 90s - for Atari Jaguar. Afaik, he did the music for Hoverstrike CD (Unconquered lands; recorded as audio tracks, so one can listen to them with any CD player)... Nowadays you also find many pop, rock and hip hop bands that mention Atari in their music videos (with Pong, Pacman, etc.). Not to forget the many films and series at tv and cinema where Atari is mentioned...

I also remember that Atari often had "musical guests" at their big shows in Germany in the early 80s (groups like Fleetwood Mac and others). They did not sing anything Atari related, but boy that was pretty cool then, visiting an Atari show and listening to some great rock or pop groups...

-Andreas.

LOL, I know the programmer who did the Pete Shelly album.  :lol:

Wasn't he the one who did "Homosapien" in the early 80s? Do you really know him?

I have a "Teach Yourself C Language" book by Herb Schildt, who was the keyboardist in the very excellent 'prog' band, Starcastle.

Nick Drake (the famous and tragic songwriter) was also a programmer, so I've read.

Anyone know any other programmers who are also musicians (or vice-versa)?