IGNORED

Game Recommendations

Phil

I decided to dig out my 7800 after it sat for a few years. My friends and I have been having a lot of fun with it, but it seems that we're always playing the same games. So, can anyone here recommend good multiplayer games for the 7800 or 2600? By 'multiplayer' I mean games in which both players are playing on-screen at the same time. Also, what 2600 paddle games support more than 2 players simultaneously besides Warlords and Street Racer?

Thanks,

Phil

Here's a list of my favorite eight mult-player games: Basketball, Boxing, Combat, Fishing Derby, Joust (7800), Maze Craze, RealSports Tennis & Warlords.

Number one would have to be Boxing. No other game combines the 2-player excitement & actual fatigue that one does.

These are all 7800 multiplayer games that are fantastic!

Joust

Ballblazer

Ikari Warriors

One on One Basketball

Xenophobe

Asteriods

Pete Rose Baseball

These are good ones (still 7800)

Rampage

Basketbrawl Basketball

Hattrick Hocky

Touchdown football

These are decent or worse (7800):

Mat Mania Wrestling

Title Match Wrestling

Real sports baseball

Waterski

I probably forget a few.

[ 10-28-2001: Message edited by: Gunstar ]

quote:

Originally posted by Phil:

I've played the whole way through the 2600 version of Dark Chambers, and enjoyed it. How is the 7800 version?

I have found it a little boring as a one player game, but a friend of mine who I yanked into the ranks of the 7800 faithful used to swear by the two-player game. He would play it for hours with his six-year-old son. (In between bouts of Combat.

Remember when you'd go to the orthodontist to get your braces tightened, and you're leaning way back in the chair and you're nervous and it's uncomfortable and it seemed like that particular office visit would just never end? And then your mouth would be sore for a couple of days? And all you could eat was soft food until your jaws stopped hurting? And you knew that you'd get to go back in a few weeks and do it all over again? And this whole process would go on for like 3 years?

That's Dark Chambers for 7800. Hope this helps.

[ 10-29-2001: Message edited by: utamav91 ]

Hehehe...

Well, it's not that bad! utamav91's description really brought unpleasant memories, though, I must say.

Actually, I think the two player version is kind of fun. If you liked Guantlet you should find something to enjoy two player on this game.

Atari-Jess: You caught me. I don't mud any more, but used to.

- FH -