cimerians

• 1 month later...

Sorry for bumping this up!

I changed my mind about the easiest enemies it has to go to the Scorpion

in Pitfall!

I never even played Beefsteak Tomatoes before I just said that cuz I couldn't

think of any easy enemies at the time!

I know call me a :dunce: if you will! :sad:

The worst annoyance villian for me is while playing Warlords you don't hold the button down and the ball goes behind your paddle and whacks the smeg out of your castle.  :mad:  

Oddly enough I don't think that's the most annoying thing about Warlords; there's something about the lower right player that makes it much more likely a ball thrown by the top right player against the right wall (i.e. the easiest kill shot) will bounce harmlessly in and out of the castle...

And the Zots from Tunnel Runner!  Constantly making their presence known, whether you can see them or not...and they're HUNGRY!

Beat me to it... I always liked those things. They look like Pac-Man on PCP. Every now and then, that weird music (made even weirder by the 2600's limited sound capabilities) starts playing from out of nowhere, and you know one's lurking just out of sight, possibly even floating up behind you. On the higher levels, you're flying down the halls so quickly that you'll often turn a corner and run smack into one. :o

I know I'm new here, but I can't believe nobody thought that the hamburgers in Megamania were the most terrifying.

I mean, killer hamburgers.

And the dice were no picnic.

Ok, out of all the things that can kill you in an Atari game, what is your favorite villain or gang of baddies (or technical monstrosity)?

My favorites are:

-- The AT-ATs in Empire Strikes Back

-- The Berzerk robots (evil otto takes a close second)

-- The quotile in Yars Revenge even though it probably was just a machine of some sort.

I think the grand title of best ATARI VILLAIN should go to:

The three dragons in adventure!

As soon as I saw the title of this thread I just thought... QOTILE! (Most badass name for a mechanical "villain" too...)