IGNORED

Storage??

jeepnut24

Ive been looking through Wal-mart and other locations for something to store my loose carts in. I can never seem to find anything that is the correct size. There always seems to be room left over and the games slide around. Anyone make their own storage sytem? Any other suggestions? I dont' think my wife enjoys the extra 100+ games sitting by the TV. ;)

I use 2 of those plastic 3 drawer rollaround things that you can get a K-Mart for $9 on sale. Yea, there is a little slop in the drawers, but it is just something that I deal with.

BTW: Your wife will still not like the games in an oraganizer, just tell her that it is better than collecting 100 stand up arcade games. tongue.gif

Digging through some of my old stuff the other day I found my original 2600 cart container (complete with a 1983 calendar decal and 1982 football schedule stuck on the lid). 22 carts fit perfectly in this container in two rows of 11. It was actually sold as an index card file. In this digital age I'm not sure if such things are even sold any more, but you might check an office supply store.

-S

just tell her that it is better than collecting 100 stand up arcade games.

What do you say if you have both around? :)

I found my cabinets at Target for like 25 each. They fit three rows of Atari carts wide and about 24 in a row deep. They are each 5 (maybe 6) drawers and are just about 4 inches deep. Its been a while since I have seen them though.

Cassidy

Thanks for the advice. Office Max is going out of business so they dont have much of anything left. I will look at K-Mart and Office Depot. I forgot to look there. As for the standup arcades, well she already said I could have one of those but not in the living room like my console games. Im thinking about making some wooden drawers with dividers. That way I can make it to the perfect specs.

Small Tint Stacking Drawer for $5.99 from The Container Store.

I've got 7 of them, 2 hold controllers and Starpath Supercharger, the rest hold cartridges.

Each drawer can hold 36 cartridges. They stack for easy storage and the Atari fits perfectly in the indentation on the topmost drawer.

Only problem I've found is with the M-Network cartridges - they're too tall to fit the drawer, so I just lay them down in the backmost row.

post-3056-1080069567_thumb.jpg

Oooh, those are spiffy.
They're available in 5 different colors too, blue just went with my computer room.

9 cartridges fit perfectly across. 4 rows of cartridges fit with about 1/2" of slack making it very easy to get cartridges out.

look for the brand name "Sterlite" . . . and stay away from it
These have "IRIS" in a heart logo on them.

@ SpiceWare. Yeah, I gotta admit I've gradually switched over to tha style of hard-plastic box.

I learnt the hardway, that cardboard boxes are a BAD idea. After moving them about a few times, they start to fall apart.

I store my atari 2600 carts, by placing them on a shelf, contact down/ lable up, in alphabetical order.

My ps1 games have a bookcase.

The nintendo range of games are my bug-bear, the boxes are normally too worn to arrange well.

• 3 months later...