IGNORED

Missing tune

emkay

http://www.rastan.net/rastan_sounds.html

Following the link you will approach a site with one of my most beloved Music Tracks...

Well... I am talking about Aggressive world which is a f*cking great tune... but, there is one silly thing...

The tune doesn't exist on A8... and POKEY needs to play this tune :ponder:

What can we do to remove this "mistake"? ;)

I think even martin Galway struggled to get that one up standard on the C64 - but it's a damn nice tune (and his conversion is pretty good as it happens). I'd like to see how it works out on the pokey though.

Currently listening to Rasmus - In the Shadows and pondering a cover of that...

I think even martin Galway struggled to get that one up standard on the C64 - but it's a damn nice tune (and his conversion is pretty good as it happens). I'd like to see how it works out on the pokey though.

You are welcome to do so.... :)

And I have other thoughts too... maybe in a Compo/Contest :ponder:

If only the emulation in RMT would work at 100% :sad:

Currently listening to Rasmus - In the Shadows and pondering a cover of that...

To convert this song you would need some "dirt" is the main voice ... I think it would be a very interesting project.

• 1 year later...

I'd forgotten about it since - mostly because the song got overplayed quite seriously at the time and I got sick of hearing it everywhere I went. listening to it even more would just drive me crazy :)

There's a couple of things that would be good to try I reckon - Girl anachronism by the dresden dolls would be interesting.

The 'NES covers' thread on somethingawful.com also gave me some ideas as well - they were tossed off (ooh-err!) quickly and don't always follow the rules of the system they're supposed to come from but they provide ideas and a basis to work from (like the SOAD covers there).

failing that my last.fm profile shhows what I've been listening to, so anything in there that seems a good idea I could give a go...

Edited by sack-c0s

I'd forgotten about it since - mostly because the song got overplayed quite seriously at the time and I got sick of hearing it everywhere I went. listening to it even more would just drive me crazy :)

There's a couple of things that would be good to try I reckon - Girl anachronism by the dresden dolls would be interesting.

If this music actually fits your taste, I wonder why you won't use pokeys 15kHz setting..

:ponder:

Okay... that seems fair. Over here in the States this song got almost no air time. I only know of it because my taste in music is not what a normal Texan would listen to. :)

Interesting to say the least...

The 'NES covers' thread on somethingawful.com also gave me some ideas as well - they were tossed off (ooh-err!) quickly and don't always follow the rules of the system they're supposed to come from but they provide ideas and a basis to work from (like the SOAD covers there).

Hehehe.... something old school would be cool like:

palp - Europe - Final Countdown - http://files.palp.org/audio/RobotCountdown.mp3

failing that my last.fm profile shhows what I've been listening to, so anything in there that seems a good idea I could give a go...

997988[/snapback]

Great list of music. I like it! Okay, how about a cover of "The Killers - Somebody Told Me" or something by Alkaline Trio or My Chemical Romance or A Static Lullaby. Of course Bowling for Soup would be cool... from my home town you see... :)

Of course any request is at your discretion...

Here is what I am listening to: Yahoo Music Videos

Edited by Cybernoid

Yeah - I know it's a .SID instead of anything Atari format but it's for a flicky-like game I'm coding for the C64 (when I sort out a couple of technical issues I'm having at the mo - awkward bugger of a game because all the sprites end up on the same lines and I want paralax which rules out softsprites). Was also a (failed?) attempt at doing Follin-esque 2 channel drums.

But the first tune (Bonus stage probably I think) borrows the opening from 'I'm not okay'' by my chemical romance - should I port it across to the Atari and finish the whole song in this style?

sprogs.sid.zip

Edited by sack-c0s

Yeah - I know it's a .SID instead of anything Atari format but it's for a flicky-like game I'm coding for the C64 (when I sort out a couple of technical issues I'm having at the mo - awkward bugger of a game because all the sprites end up on the same lines and I want paralax which rules out softsprites). Was also a (failed?) attempt at doing Follin-esque 2 channel drums.

But the first tune (Bonus stage probably I think) borrows the opening from 'I'm not okay'' by my chemical romance - should I port it across to the Atari and finish the whole song in this style?

sprogs.sid.zip

999503[/snapback]

Hm... the rhythm sounds very influenced by Rob Hubbard. We heared this in Jet Set Willy :D

Have you tried TMC on the real machine?

Imagining the drums and bass a done on a 15kHz channel.

The melody with joined channels for 16Bit...

:ponder:

btw. nice tune

999503[/snapback]

Awesome! Simply Awesome! I hear the "I'm not okay" in this... Yes, a finished whole song in this style would be great.

Cool! Keep up the tunes, man!

:music: :thumbsup: