IGNORED

Ok, Climber 5 time!

StanJr

Alright, we've all been to Philly, and we all now have our AMAZING Climber 5 carts. So how is everyone doing? I'm playing the hell out of the Advanced variation and getting regularly crushed (Thanks DEBRO :D ) but I got on a roll today and hit Level 10 with a score of 21,300.

This game is WONDERFUL and MEGA challenging. You can pretty much FORGET catching those falling items in the correct order! I'm lucky to avoid the girders long enough to get the ball!!! :D :D :D :D I'll get better, though, because I'm pretty much playing it non-stop. :)

How is everyone else making out with this supreme homebrew? I'd love to hear how Big Player is doing. He is the Climber 5 master. :) ;)

How is everyone else making out with this supreme homebrew?  I'd love to hear how Big Player is doing.  He is the Climber 5 master. :)  ;)

I have no idea yet--haven't had time to try it out yet. Just got back from a board meeting. :|

I'll give it a go this weekend. The game rocks.

I just purchased Climber 5 off the site, since I didn't go to PhillyClassic like everyone else did. I was torn between getting a 5200 controller upgrade kit and this, and decided to just blow my paycheck on both. God, I hope I know what I'm doing. This will be the first homebrew game I've ever purchased, so that's cool.

I'm willing to extend my Stan Satisfaction Guarantee for Climber 5. (same as I did with Marble Craze). If you buy Climber 5 and do not like it (impossible) I will buy it from you for the same price you bought it. It's that good. :) :) :) :) :)

You cannot go wrong with Climber 5. :)

Stan the man said:

Alright, we've all been to Philly, and we all now have our AMAZING Climber 5 carts.

*sniff* I didn't go, and I don't have my cart yet.

And he went on to say:  

BOO-YAH again, I am the undisputed Climber 5 master. All you suckaz need to step OFF!    

Just you wait! My cartridge is on its way, and you be da sucka, fool! (that was my best Mr. T impression)

Actually, I suck at this game, but I am going to give it my best shot! If I have any luck, I will post a snapshot here. :thumbsup: impressive score, btw! :-)

I got my Climber 5 cart this week, and finally got the time to plug it into my VCS a moment ago. I thought I was doing really well, but after I finally died I realized that the difficulty was set on B and I was playing the "original" game. I will post my first score, and I am going to fight to get good at the advanced game on difficulty A. If I get anywhere, I will post again. :wink:

Your game is amazing, Dennis! :thumbsup: :-)

post-5032-1081115725_thumb.jpg

Albert said:

This seems like a nice place to post this picture.  :-)

Those clear carts are dead sexy! :-D Makes me wish I'd forked out the extra 3 bucks or however much it is for a clear case! Of course, now that everyone has seen and will want to buy the clear cart version so early on in Climber 5's life, the black cart might end up being the more obscure and sought after version in 20 years!

:ponder: Of course, we're all going to die in 2014, so it doesn't matter anyways. LOL! :evil: :lol:

Well between Stanjr's ravings and Alberts pic of the clear carts I decided that I need Climber 5. So I went to the AA store to order my clear cased copy of C5 but didnt see any place to specify I wanted the clear one instead of the back one. How do I do that?

Tim

Well between Stanjr's ravings and Alberts pic of the clear carts I decided that I need Climber 5. So I went to the AA store to order my clear cased copy of C5 but didnt see any place to specify I wanted the clear one instead of the back one. How do I do that?

The clear and colored cases have not yet been added to the store. I will be doing that in the next day or two, after I take pictures of several different games in the carts and can put up a nice page with pictures. The above Climber 5 carts are already destined for good homes. :)

..Al

I really wish I had the money to purchase a copy.

I played it in Z26 and I like it. It's challenging and the highest level I've gotten to would be level 4.

Of course, I only played the bin found in the homebrew section.