IGNORED

Ok, Climber 5 time!

StanJr

Excellent, excellent game!!! Thanks to everyone involved in the creation and release of Climber 5. Simple to play AND addictive as hell.

Only gotten up to 25,700 on Normal but I'm out to improve. Switching the difficulty so that you get **NO** warning that the moving walls are going to change direction add's a whole new element to the game.

Between Star Fire and Climber 5, this has been an excellent year so far for me in buying GREAT games!

One more note: the first time I powered up Climber 5, I did a double take to make sure I wasn't playing NES Super Mario Bros.... heheheh, the title screen colors are almost exactly the same :)

Mendon

I've really been getting into Climber 5 on Activision Anthology GBA.   Can't get past level 6 yet.  This gaem is perfect for the bus ride to work

If you like it on GBA, it's much better on the 2600. The game is slow on the GBA and there is only the original version of the game. So you're missing out on the random ladder placement, random movement of the girders and all the falling objects.

Of course, it is tough to take your 2600 on the bus. Unless you get one of thos VCSp's.

I'm glad you all like the game. It makes me feel proud.

I agree with StanJr and Big Player. The advanced option is much more fun.

I played it recently without the cheat/debug option. I didn't realize how much fun it was. It's hard to enjoy a game when you're constantly playing it for debug issues and not for fun. Now I can finally play "ole ladder boy" for the fun factor :D

One more note: the first time I powered up Climber 5, I did a double take to make sure I wasn't playing NES Super Mario Bros.... heheheh, the title screen colors are almost exactly the same  :)

That was the original intent :D

• 8 months later...

Ok, suckaz. You let sleeping dogs lie too long and now I own all y'all's asses. No way you jive turkeys can beat this score, so you may as well just go back to playing Slot Racers where you belong. You like that, baby? Well there's more where that came from.

BOOO-YAH!

I AM the undisputed, and unbeatable Climber 5 Zen Master. Eat it.

post-409-1105159244_thumb.jpg

Remember that part above about there being more where that came from? Well play this in your High Score Club, baby!

Yeah, you read it right, 232,200, Stage 93. BOOOOOOOO-YAH.

I wanted so badly to see Stage 100, and was cruising toward it when I stumbled on a critical timing section of one of my patterns. Had to switch a girder one too many times, and bam, ran out of time! I WILL get to Stage 100, assuming there is one!!!!!! Bwa-ha-ha.

I own Climber 5. Dennis DEBRO must now hand over all rights to the game to ME! HA!

heh. ;)

post-409-1105171151_thumb.jpg

Yeah, you read it right, 232,200, Stage 93.  BOOOOOOOO-YAH.

Even I can't get that high without cheating :o

I WILL get to Stage 100, assuming there is one!!!!!!

Well...stage 99 is the max. It's a 6-character display ;)

I own Climber 5.  Dennis DEBRO must now hand over all rights to the game to ME!  HA!

So do you get the development headaches of getting this in a 1LK, keeping it within 4K, doing the random ladder routine, and implementing those falling objects along with it :?: :D

So do you get the development headaches of getting this in a 1LK, keeping it within 4K, doing the random ladder routine, and implementing those falling objects along with it :?:  :D

I can only understand about 3 of the words in that sentence. Are you sure the ladder generation is random?

I figured it would max at Stage 99, but then what does the game just stop? Wait, don't tell me, I'll tell you, later today. :D :D :D :D

I AM the undisputed, and unbeatable Climber 5 Zen Master.  Eat it.

:o

I thought I handed over the title of Climber 5 Zen Master long ago. If I didn't do it officially, I do so now. I must learn from this new master.

I can still play the original version of Climber 5 forever. Remember that all the enhancements to the game were designed to beat me. ;)

I still hold the title of Double Dunk Zen Master and no one is going to take that from me.

Well, it looks like the counter just stops at 99, it does not roll back to 00.

I got about 109 level deep and just got tired, so I quit. Below is my "top" score.

The game is actually pretty easy past Stage 5. There are 4 distinct patterns that you can use to navigate the building and get the ball, and once you know those, you can literally play until your hands fall off!

A lot of fun to play and figure out! Thanks DEBRO, you are the man. :) :) :) :)

post-409-1105226033_thumb.jpg

Remember that part above about there being more where that came from?  Well play this in your High Score Club, baby!

Yeah, you read it right, 232,200, Stage 93.  BOOOOOOOO-YAH.  

I own Climber 5.  Dennis DEBRO must now hand over all rights to the game to ME!  HA!

heh. ;)

Not sso fast there Stan. Check this score out. :ponder:

post-3832-1105233741_thumb.jpg

The game is actually pretty easy past Stage 5.

Which game are you playing?

"Advanced" of course (I've started playing Difficulty A, but with patterns it makes no difference when the girders change direction). Thanks to Big Player, I already have the patterns for the "Original" version learned.

dwh, that should only ever be a possibility on Stage 1. After that, Climber 5 is moving fast enough to prevent it. But on Stage 1, if you stop advancing for more than 3 seconds, the ball will have moved by the time you reach the top (and it usually moves the second from the top far right, but occasionally moves to just above the left ladder on the top level.) ;)