IGNORED

atari xe games system

cgfatari79

Two questions

1, I’m seriously thinking about buying one of these but I’m hoping that it has a monitor output like the one found of the other models of the xe family.

2, is their any joystick interface for the 8 bits that can enable you to use two or more buttons in games for example defender smart bomb button hyperspace button this would be very nice and would eliminate the need of the keyboard in most games. If so please point me in the right direction I’d snap one of these up without hesitation.

Yeah, I'm sure you could tap into it and add them. I haven't seen the schematic to see how many components it would take, though.

cgfatari79:

Basically, there have been 2 kinds of video outputs for TV-based computers. Composite (your standard Video-Out found on most game systems and VCR's), and Chroma/Luma (aka S-Video).

With Chroma/Luma outputs, the monochrome brightness signal is not mixed with the color signal, and it generally produces a sharper picture with better color.

-Bry

Most Atari 8-bits have a round 5-pin DIN connector for video. The XEGS only has a video RCA jack. That's why the signals aren't there, and you'd have to do some soldering to add them.

Chroma/Luma is only useful if your TV or monitor has an input for them, though.

-Bry