IGNORED

A8 Super Video mod worthwhile?

Zaxxon

I read about how this is supposed to correct some design errors in the XE's/A8 video circuitry and be a great improvement. I tried doing this on a 130XE of mine and all it did was screw up the video completely. I think there's errors in the instructions I have. Has anyone here done this successfully and is it worth it?

Zaxxon,

It's definitely worth it but, in case you can't pull it off yourself, I'd recommend having an experienced friend do it for you.

Maybe Steve @ Atarimax could help or Bob Puff at CSS. If you happen to be in Europe, Patrick Fonck will do it for a small fee (given that you have a PAL machine).

BTW- Atari Inc. or Corp. always botched the graphic circuits of the 8-bits and the upgrade is -no kidding- a major upgrade in graphic quality. The next step would be a stereo upgrade with double pokey.

Live From Hollywood Land - AB.

If you happen to be in Europe, Patrick Fonck will do it for a small fee (given that you have a PAL machine).

No I won't :? Who told you that? ;)

But it's very easy to do yourself and defenitely worth it.

A few weeks ago at a dutch atari meeting I saw a guy with a TFT TV hooked to a standard A8, I wished I brought one of my modified ones with me to show him his waste of money (or at least his missed opportunity) ;)

andy_bernstein wrote:

If you happen to be in Europe, Patrick Fonck will do it for a small fee (given that you have a PAL machine).

No I won't  Who told you that?  

You did a year ago but I couldn't make it back to Europe last December and couldn't send you my 130XE as planned.

I still want to get it done though, it's just been insane here.

BTW- congratulations for stabilizing the internal hard drive. It does look quite spectacular.

AB.