IGNORED

Stella at 20 on dvd?

san-d-2000

Please forgive my ignorance, but what exactly are you looking to have compiled in a future set?

Both volumes on one DVD plus the footage that was left on the cutting room floor as DVD extras.

Maybe a Stella @ 20+ where homebrew authors and 2600 lovers are interviewed.

• 7 months later...

Hi, all.

I was about to ask if anyone had released (or was planning to release) Stella At 20 on DVD, and then I found this old thread and thought I would resurrect it, in case things may have changed over the past several months.

Like many, I only have Vol. 1 on VHS, I've really been wanting to acquire/see Vol. 2, and I would really like to have both of them on DVD. Bonus footage would be nice, but I don't think it's necessary if it will delay or prevent the possibility of a DVD release. Just having both volumes on DVD would be enough to make me want to buy it.

Does anyone know the producers of the Stella At 20 project (or, for that matter, do they hang out here)? Is there any possibility that the volumes could be re-released as a DVD edition, even if it was a cheap DVD-R edition? I would be more than willing to shell out a reasonable amount of money to obtain such a release.

Thanks very much!

Badger 8)

Maybe a Stella @ 20+ where homebrew authors and 2600 lovers are interviewed.

That's what I had in mind to enhance a DVD version, to do new interviews of homebrew authors and show how the scene has evolved from 1997.

I'm just not sure this info is that exclusive that it justifies a video. Who is the market? People who want to know about homebrews can read stuff online about them or communicate with the homebrewers. Interviews with some of the people who still haven't shown up at CGE like Larry Wagner or Carol Shaw are exclusives.

The original idea was to get this stuff broadcast. Then it would be seen by people who are not part of the "scene". Otherwise it's really hard to present anything truly new, due to the fact that most of us who have any interest in classic gaming converge each year at CGE and get to meet eachother and kvetch.

Glenn -

Your target audience would be the hobby community just as Howard Scott Warshaw has always been doing, I think it would be great for you to move your video to DVD"s and perhaps have Atariage sell them for you, I know even though I own your tapes, I'd prefer a DVD set over them, so I know I'd buy it.

Curt