IGNORED

What`s the story behind...

emkay

Wow, that's a really cool one.

I hope this will give new inspiration for all experienced coders around the world to make a8bit live again.

The first moment I saw the picture I didn't even realise it's a8bit.

I agree with Heaven. This is the revival of the a8bit era.

The picture is a link of http://www.atari8.info

All I can see on the Forever 5 ATR is a file called "LBTRY.CIN"

What program is able to produce/show this....

Well... except of of "MIC"ropainter format... any other extensions with an "I" in it does mean "interlace".  

Hopefully... my thoughts are wrong.

Yes, it's interlaced picture. I used program Cin 1.2 to view it as someone told me.

cin_1.2.atr.gz

What`s the story behind this picture?

anj.gif

It's the winner of the graphics compo at the forever 5 party.

Hey, should any picture do make sense? :P

I think there are some pictures in the history of art that means nothing i.e. they don't tell ya directly what they're all about... ;)

In this case here we can see interior of a mysterious laboratory with its propiertor maybe - nothing more, nothing less... :roll:

This gfx was primarly drawn on XL-ART or similar program (4 colors editor), then it was colorised with CIN. So at the end one can get much more colors, but brightness remains the same.

This is similar way like I did my "KILLER" picture that was shown at one of the Polish party in 2002 year. :D

P.S. There was only 2 works for atari gfx-compo at FOREVER5 - aside from their nice quality, did it really make sense to do this compo with so few entries :?::P;)

P.S.  There was only 2 works for atari gfx-compo at FOREVER5 - aside from their nice quality, did it really make sense to do this compo with so few entries  :?:   :P  ;)

It was always a riddle for me why C64 and Sinclair Scene was/is always more active than the A8 scene...

P.S.  There was only 2 works for atari gfx-compo at FOREVER5 - aside from their nice quality, did it really make sense to do this compo with so few entries  :?:   :P  ;)

It was always a riddle for me why C64 and Sinclair Scene was/is always more active than the A8 scene...

I could tell you why the are more aktive C64 users but sinclair.... well, who knows....

It's nothing strange if you'd know that A8 scene was always much smaller than c64 or even zX ones. Few people tried to do something new and if there's no competition over there, then no chance to improve many things - just like in real life. ;)

So someone has to build a G2F Version on the real machine  :ponder:

LOL, due to obvious hardware limitations, it can be done in this way. :)

What I'd suggest instead, is to use GED editor on real hardware...

I even wrote two articles about using this beautie in Polish atari diskzine (in the past). :D

Well,

this is the CIN pic. I refered to in another reply. It is nice, but alas buggy !! It has only 123 sectors in length, whereas uncompressed CIN pix should always have a length of 132 sectors. Result: When you try to load the picture with CINview 1.1 or 1.2 you get an Error $88 (136)... and then the screen displays garbage... So, greetings to the author of this picture, please save it again with the correct length... -Andreas.

Hmmm,

some small info about CIN?!? Well, it was done by a (former?) member of APC (Atari Programming Champions). Thus CIN means Champions INterlace. It uses a combination of Gr. 15 and Gr. 11, thus 4x16 or 16x4 colors, or to be more exact 16 colors in 4 brightnesses. So every line of a picture can have up to 64 colors, whereas the whole screen can have up to 128 colors. But since Gr. 15 has a resolution of 160x192 and Gr. 11 only 80x192 there are always some areas in the picture that look rather blocky. More info about CIN can be found in the CIN 1.2 description, written by the author himself. If you are interested in a copy of the CIN viewers/colorizers (vers. 1.1 and 1.2), as well as the description and many CIN pix, simply send me an e-mail: amp#abbuc*de greetings, Andreas.

P.S.: Ofcourse CIN uses the full CPU power/time, thus the pix cannot be used in games (only as title pictures)...