IGNORED

Use your PS2 EyeToy as a PC Webcam

Agent X

I found this posted on the Gaming Age message board. It describes how to use your PlayStation 2 EyeToy camera as a Webcam for your Windows-based PC!

Click here to view the procedure.

I haven't attempted this myself, but a few Gaming Age users have tried it. Some of them were able to get it to work, while others had a bit of trouble. Some users even posted a few still images that they captured with the EyeToy on their computers, which looked to be pretty good quality considering they're using a workaround to get the EyeToy up and running to begin with.

If you're willing to give it a try, then tell us what the results are!

Interesting.. Of course with the cheap price of webcams today, this is more for people would bought an eyetoy, then haven't used it since the first week they opened it up. :P

Wow and Gaming Age is still around?! If that's the same board I think it is, weren't like 95% of the users there consumed with jerking off 24/7, and pretty much just get in shouting matches about who had the biggest dick.. I visited some site a couple years ago, and I swear every other psot was like jeremy is gay, or you suck C*** every third word was F this or suck that. And they all seemed to enjoy it? :ponder: I would have thought they would have all burned up by now, the flame wars got awful hot there!

Anyway, yes. Interesting. It seems the EyeToy is simply a Webcam driven by special software on the game disc. Cool.

I don't have the EyeToy, but with a PS2 in the house, you know it'll be here eventually.

Sadly, I checked DLink's link and apparently there is no Mac version of the drivers for that cam. Damn. I would have liked to try.

Oh well.