IGNORED

How many "Atariwriter" cart releases?

I received a cart lot from Christophero Sly yesterday (and thanks again! :)), and noted two intriguing titles in it: an "Atariwriter" cart with a homemade label enscribed "Rev. D", and another "Atariwriter" cart with a white printed label enscribed with "Rev. 14, 1984".

Can anyone advise just how many different versions of "Atariwriter" were released on cart?

post-2439-1080833165_thumb.png

There is the original brown label, of course. Also, an XL silver edition. I am not sure whether the silver one contains any program changes. And also the XE era Red letter version. On disk, there is Atariwriter+ and Atariwriter 80 for use with the XEP80.

Some older brown carts do look black, but I always refer to them as brown.

I received a cart lot from Christophero Sly yesterday (and thanks again! :)), and noted two intriguing titles in it: an "Atariwriter" cart with a homemade label enscribed "Rev. D", and another "Atariwriter" cart with a white printed label enscribed with "Rev. 14, 1984".  

Can anyone advise just how many different versions of "Atariwriter" were released on cart?

You're welcome. :)

And thank you, the reward I received from you was very generous!

• 2 weeks later...
Thats looks exactly like the cases that Sunmark uses.

Rally Speedway was released in the same case. The Sunmark cases are not original designs, just something easy to reproduce without all that metal :P

But those cases have been around awhile. And I'm assuming Sunmark even made their own cases, or had a batch made up, they could have just found a warehouse full of unused cases and bought them premade. :ponder:

Thats looks exactly like the cases that Sunmark uses.

Rally Speedway was released in the same case. The Sunmark cases are not original designs, just something easy to reproduce without all that metal :P

But those cases have been around awhile. And I'm assuming Sunmark even made their own cases, or had a batch made up, they could have just found a warehouse full of unused cases and bought them premade. :ponder:

And so was "Pocket Modem" by BOT Engineering. I believe that three or four different companies used this type of cartridge in '83-'84.