IGNORED

Castle Crisis

sku_u

The game took a little longer than expected to complete, both from the perspective of the binary as well as the manual. We expect to be able to ship out all the pre-orders next week. The game is now done, the labels are printed, the boxes are printed and ready, and the manual should be done and printed in the next few days.

I did send email yesterday to everyone who pre-ordered, but it's possible I missed one or two people. I removed the game from the store so no one eles would order it before it's ready to ship. Please accept apologies for the delay.

..Al

heres a somewhat unrelated dumb question, which 5200 carts do you canabalize to make new games?  i only ask since common 5200 carts are a lot tougher to come by then common 2600 games.

Tell me about it. :) Games like Super Breakout and Pac-Man are relatively "common" for the 5200, since they were both pack-in games at some point. There are quite a few other common 5200 games also. If you look at the 5200 Rarity Guide, you'll see lots of games rated at 1 and 2 by Atari. These are what get recycled for new games.

..Al

More OT,

Albert do ya'll use all new PCBs now or are some reused as well?  

And for the other platforms, 2600, those new 8-bit titles that were on ya'lls table, any CV titles etc.  Just 100% new insides or do some guts get used?

As CPUWIZ said, all the PCBs we use are new, we don't recycle them (far too time consuming). I have boxes and boxes of boards removed from old 2600, 5200, and to a lesser extent, CV and 8-bit carts. I still haven't quite figured out what to do with them, except throw them out.

..Al

I doubt Al has very many XONOX & Mythicon titles mixed in his boxes of pcbs thou, :P

Still if they work it's better than throwing out. I think Curt sold off some recently, and now some of his have been popping back up on ebay as tested & working, now identified pcbs. 8-bit pcbs those were. There does seem to be a market for them.

Probably better broken down into lots, make them like digital grab bags!

I doubt Al has very many XONOX & Mythicon titles mixed in his boxes of pcbs thou, :P

No, none at all. Mostly games by Atari, and some by Activision (for the 2600, at any rate). All the 5200 ones are Atari games.

Still if they work it's better than throwing out. I think Curt sold off some recently, and now some of his have been popping back up on ebay as tested & working, now identified pcbs. 8-bit pcbs those were.  There does seem to be a market for them.

Interesting. :)

..Al

heres a somewhat unrelated dumb question, which 5200 carts do you canabalize to make new games?  i only ask since common 5200 carts are a lot tougher to come by then common 2600 games.

Tell me about it. :) Games like Super Breakout and Pac-Man are relatively "common" for the 5200, since they were both pack-in games at some point. There are quite a few other common 5200 games also. If you look at the 5200 Rarity Guide, you'll see lots of games rated at 1 and 2 by Atari. These are what get recycled for new games.

..Al

so the rarity guides for each system is independant of one another. I have seen a lot more Pac Mans and Combats for the VCS than i have seen super breakout and Pac Man for the 5200. but in the long run, im sure the numbers you deal with dont put a huge dent in the existing supply. especially with the 5200, there has got to be more common carts of a given title than working systems.

so the rarity guides for each system is independant of one another.

Yes.

I have seen a lot more Pac Mans and Combats for the VCS than i have seen super breakout and Pac Man for the 5200.   but in the long run, im sure the numbers you deal with dont put a huge dent in the existing supply.  especially with the 5200, there has got to be more common carts of a given title than working systems.

Yes, there are probably millions more Pac-Mans and Combats for the 2600 than all the games combined for the 5200. :) And even then, no, we're not going through enough carts to put any 5200 games in danger of becoming extinct!

..Al

so the rarity guides for each system is independant of one another.  I have seen a lot more Pac Mans and Combats for the VCS than i have seen super breakout and Pac Man for the 5200.   but in the long run, im sure the numbers you deal with dont put a huge dent in the existing supply.  especially with the 5200, there has got to be more common carts of a given title than working systems.

The 5200 is kind of an odd system in that there aren't any carts that are as common as Combat or Pacman for the 2600, but there also aren't any games that compare in rarity to the majority of 9s and 10s for the 2600.

so the rarity guides for each system is independant of one another.  I have seen a lot more Pac Mans and Combats for the VCS than i have seen super breakout and Pac Man for the 5200.   but in the long run, im sure the numbers you deal with dont put a huge dent in the existing supply.  especially with the 5200, there has got to be more common carts of a given title than working systems.

The 5200 is kind of an odd system in that there aren't any carts that are as common as Combat or Pacman for the 2600, but there also aren't any games that compare in rarity to the majority of 9s and 10s for the 2600.

Bell-curve game supply: only on the 5200.