IGNORED

I want your ears bleeding ;)

emkay

Hey... I've been messing with Pokey, and indeed the issue with cancelled sounds can be controlled, but notes which combine voices must be started in proper phase with each other. This means either reset Pokey, or possibly assign a pitch (countdown) value of 0, then the pitch you want. Anyway, if you control the phase of the counters, you can get predictable combination results.

I've been having fun making Pokey waveforms:

-Bry

post-3606-1082239834_thumb.jpg

Hey... I've been messing with Pokey, and indeed the issue with cancelled sounds can be controlled, but notes which combine voices must be started in proper phase with each other. This means either reset Pokey, or possibly assign a pitch (countdown) value of 0, then the pitch you want.  Anyway, if you control the phase of the counters, you can get predictable combination results.

I've been having fun making Pokey waveforms:

-Bry

That are really great news.

A question for Schmutzpuppe/Raster,

I remember you were the coder of the Nazgul demo. Where did you get the RMT player ASM-source and how did you include the RMT song data. I know it's been discussed some time ago, but I can't find the thread.

I also remember that someone asked for the song-player-pointer register of rmt player routine. Can anyone help me? (link to threads is good enough).

A question for Schmutzpuppe/Raster,

I remember you were the coder of the Nazgul demo. Where did you get the RMT player ASM-source and how did you include the RMT song data. I know it's been discussed some time ago, but I can't find the thread.

I also remember that someone asked for the song-player-pointer register of rmt player routine. Can anyone help me? (link to threads is good enough).

In RMT package there is x-asm source of player routine (rmtplayr.a65 + rmt_feat.a65) also with example of its using (music.a65).

Please, see the directory "/rmt116/asm_src/".

cool instruments... i like the bass... smoke on the water... ;)

No, it's smoke on the pokey ;-)

Especially on the Synth sound is so much possible and to do... The notes are played with always the same filter setting.

When those variable filters are working, the song "Cybernoid 2" may be possible on the pokey... as the song is intended.

OK... Guys... you won. I'll give up experimenting.

It is simply not possible to create really good instruments with this sh*t emulation libraries. And even IF the emulation would work, I see no chance to get an editor that is able to correct all octaves, when using different pokey settings

;-(.

Hey, don't worry,

I think it's not that difficult to make an Atari-xex application in which you can edit instruments (only) and test it. The xex should run on a real machine. Then it's no problem at all. Just export the instrument config data or copy the settings by hand to RMT editor and ignore bad emulation, cause you know now how it really sounds.

After all, with a little messing with the RMT player (source) code you can make an instrument testing routine.

The main reason for my doing with those POKEY sounds is:

Especially RMT is a tool that may be used by PC freaks that don't even know nothing about ATARI and the POKEY, but they may be great musicians... (think about the Demoscene...)

But why should they make music if there is only some "pling" and "crack" sounding?

Only when interesting and relieable Instruments were available, a "neutral" musician may be nosy by this and do some work on RMT.

The Sounding varieties of the POKEY are manifold... but never really used until today.

• 1 month later...
i like the instruments and the sounds...  

It's an interesting thing that when using POKEY at 15kHz (instead of 64kHz) you gain a more SID-like sounding-color. It is also possible to create AY-typical sounds incl. bass-lines, when using 15kHz.

Then it is possible to use 1,79MHz filtering at the same time and you can build really good sounding filtered high notes while the other two channels are playing 15kHz soundings.

maybe you can post for others the rmt instrument files?

It does only make sense when the sounds are usable for musicians... i think.

When using the 1.79MHz filtering all notes and note-steps are completely different to the standard 64kHz(15kHz) sounding.