IGNORED

Broken sound on my 2600

gemini-world

Hello to all. I am very very new to this forum stuff. First time as a matter of fact. OK, I know how to solder and fix most things on the atari. I do not know how to fix the sound. I have a unit that has no sound at all. It is a vader 2600 model. I know this sounds dumb, but I also do not know the names of the things on the board, but I can follow directions really well. Any help anyone has would be a great help.

Tera

Not dead, damaged... You're sure you or someone else didn't screw up (litterally) the sound coil like I did? :ponder: It could easily be tested by trying to pick up the sound signal according one of the a/v mods. Hey CPUWIZ, did you ever find out what Max-T's problem was with his sound?

I replaced the chip you spoke of. Now I made it worse.....my day just can't get worse. Do you have any other thoughts? :( Also, what is the sound coil, and where might I find it on the atari? I know I sound kinda dumb, but I am just learning how to fix these and it is slow going. I sure do appreciate all of the help though.

Thanks

Tera