IGNORED

New Activision title found

Klove

Heya,

Have found another long-lost Acti alumni who actually did a silly title for Activision. Sorta' very insignificant... but none-the-less.. "It could be considered another legit Activision title, as it actually was published by Activision for a very brief time period."

The name of the title is "YOU ARE A WINNER!"

Am actually corresponding with the Programmer to try and get a copy of it. As soon as I do, I'll be sure to pass it onto A&A for their posting purposes. I promise.. "If I get it, you will." Again, it's nothing much.. "But it's something you probably haven't seen before."

The only other title I have to offer at the mo, is another unreleased Pitfall! prototype. "You guys interested in that at all?"

Again though, I can't publicly release the Programmer's info for fear of havig SJ poachers hit this guy up.

Please understand that. I'll let you know as soon as I hear / have anything significant.

Thanks,

Have found another long-lost Acti alumni who actually did a silly title for Activision. Sorta' very insignificant... but none-the-less.. "It could be considered another legit Activision title, as it actually was published by Activision for a very brief time period."

So it was actually published and sold? I can't believe no one has heard of it up till now. Odd...

Can't wait! :D

Tempest

So it was actually published and sold? I can't believe no one has heard of it up till now. Odd...

Can't wait! :D

Tempest

heh published could mean they made 1 ad for it and it ran in a mag for a month :D

Nice to hear Ken!

I'm hoping there will be screenshots and as much info as the programmer will allow to be released.

The first post makes it sound like if he gets the rom from the programmer he will pass it along.

I would also like to see the Pitfall proto you mentioned if it is incomplete 8)

He just won't release any info about the programmer publicly for good reason.

I would love to see both of these things!

By the sounds of it, if it was "published" by activision and the name of the cart is "You are a winner" it could have been a prize for some sort of In House contest. Like, who had the Hottest Secretary, longest a programmer went without sex, how much acid you could drop and still write a good game........

I dont know just what it sounds like...

-Tim

Perhaps it was designed for the first person to earn every patch. Did anyone do that while they were still being offered? I remember hearing legends of such a cart back in the day.

I'd guess it's more of a demo than an actual game, but it is probably a really sweet, highly advanced, and completely new one . . .

Unfortunately, though, it's not Keystone Kapers 2, The Levee Game, or The Bird Game . . .

Again though, I can't publicly release the Programmer's info for fear of havig SJ poachers hit this guy up.

Ken,

I've seen you refer to SJ in a couple of posts now. What are you referreing to? Is it The CGE show in San Jose? If so, is there some animosity between you and the CGE folks that we all should be aware of? :?

To remain on topic here, I'd be delighted to see anything you've dug up ;)

Regards,

-Lee

I would love to see both of these things!

By the sounds of it, if it was "published" by activision and the name of the cart is "You are a winner" it could have been a prize for some sort of In House contest. Like, how much acid you could drop and still write a good game........

The winner: the guy who made Thwocker. :) Or perhaps the one who thought Karate Champ was do-able on the 2600.

No. I never mentioned the CGE people.  

I have nothing but good things to say about those guys.

Well thanks for clearing that up :ponder:

Who or what the heck is SJ then? Me still confused. :?

Did I miss something?

-Lee

By the sounds of it, if it was "published" by activision and the name of the cart is "You are a winner" it could have been a prize for some sort of In House contest.

Or would this be something like getting a winning bottle cap or something? Like, say you buy a copy of any Activision game, and when you stick it in the Atari, you get a message saying "You are a winner", and you contact Activision to get your prize or something. (That is, the "You are a winner" cartridge would actually have some other game's label on it)

Just a guess.

--Zero

Who or what the heck is SJ then? Me still confused.  :?

SJ... SJ...

StanJr? :ponder:

Nah. ;)

Uh... hmmm.

I don't know either. But my guess would be that there is/are a/some collector(s) in the San Jose area who have, in the past, pestered programmers about prototypes they possessed, and either 1) acquired the ROMs and hoarded them or 2) annoyed the programmers to such a degree that they don't want anything to do with any part of the Atari community any more.

But that's just a guess.

Am I getting warm? Am I stepping on anyone's toes? Should I shut up before I say something I shouldn't and get a hit put out on me? :roll:

I wish Ken would state more or just quit mentioning this then. He seems to be wanting to tell us something, but doesn't follow through. Inquiring minds want to know.

In any event, maybe he is referring to Steven Jobs. Perhaps he wants to get back into the Atari scene ;)

Could be that this proto is actually one of his that he wrote back at Atari and when the Activision guys defected, they took it with them. Now Mr Jobs wants it back. :D Just pure speculation on my part though.

-Lee