IGNORED

G2f contribution, the saga continues :)

dely

Hey Tebe!

What is the forthcoming "maps" part in the new G2F releases which you have under construction? is it for multiple screen layouts?

I know it's been mentioned before in earlier threads but, it would be great if a map designer were developed out of G2F. Imagine how much nicer it would be to design your games screen layout with such a powerful PC development tool.

There is of course EnvisionPC for developing map layouts cross platform but it's kinda basic and limited.

I was thinking that a good feature to include in G2F would be the ability to import standard formated atari fonts. Say for instance you could import a font that you have constructed in a cross platform utility for the ASCII set A-Z, 0-9 and use this for the games title screen, high score tables, etc and also use a g2f made logo on the title screen (with font conversion optimise)

Perhaps a good feature to include would be to have some control over which fonts are by used in the screen position after they have been generated so we could construct screen layouts with the fonts that we have defined in our project. say for a title screen we could have something like..

Font 1 >ASCII FONT 1

Font 1 >ASCII FONT 1

Font 1 >ASCII FONT 1

Font 2 > LOGO

Font 3 > LOGO

Font 4 > LOGO

Font 1 >ASCII FONT 1

Font 1 >ASCII FONT 1

Font 1 >ASCII FONT 1

we can already control to quite a degree the display list and change the screen mode at various positions and also of course we have great control of the display list interupts (DLI) changing all the usefull registers as much as is possible with the available timing. but can we change CHBASE 754 in the DLI also?

This way we could use G2F to create font art and also control these fonts that we have defined in memory to put other screen layouts together with.

Tezz

Good idea Tezz, this would be a cool think.

I also would like to see an easier font edit option where you can select a single char and edit it.

Maybe it is also possible now but I don't know how to handle it :roll:

At the moment I use Cuneiform (a c64 fonteditor) for it.

I think the usibility is better than EnvisionPC.

And there's a new stuff from me - a picture that was presented at "Little Atari Convention 2004" mini-party and won ST-gfx compo (16 cols).  

Original should be reached here and I reworked this to fit G2F format.  ;)  

How do you like this?  :D

:lolblue:

With such mirror you can make millions :D

Thanx for your comments...

I included here another G2F work....

This one comes from "24h compo" at AtariArea.

Its aim was to draw a caricature of an atarian. I choose Mikey that is one of the admins of AtariArea website. After reading some people's comments about my entry I decide to improve this pix to get more closer similarity :)) ANd here you are the result.

BTW. it's a real pity none from this forum took part in this compo - as you could have drawn even Jack Tramiel himself... ;)

for Mikey's reference /real photo/ you can go

there to get you know what it is based on. :)

OK, back to requested stuff from Heaven (4PAC) and Swiety (fullscreens for ZELAX's demo) :P

post-3920-1082672838_thumb.jpg

mikey_fixed3.zip

here is the c64 original...

btw... i'll try to patch the atari XL thrust with a new title screen and if someone can make a nice thrust title music in RMT this would be great (i don't know the c64 version... if there is a different music than the XL one...)

There is a slight difference between the A8 and C64 track.

"slight" like the difference of an AM-Radio to a Symphonic Orchestra ;)

ehm... just listening to thrust SID... it's completly different than the atari one... and as it's from 1986 and it sounds like international karate (from instruments etc...) so... an atari conversion should be no problem... ;)

as written earlier... i'll gonna patch thrust with the title g2f pic and would like to include a rob hubbard conver.... maybe job for sack?`;)

Hi Heaven,

would be great to see a patched game appear with revamped g2f title and RMT conversion. Maybe we can patch other titles and create a definative collection of revamped Atari titles :) That would be great.

I would certainly lend my hand to that with both G2F artwork and RMT conversions.

.. Great new G2F pictures by the way everyone! Good to see Dracon with some more great pictures also.

yesterday i have finally found file version of thrust from which i have to cut off the cracktro (which has the thrust title but just 4 colour version...)

now i just need the soundtrack... ;) sack? as commie guy... ;)

So while many title pictures are possible to convert... How should "a commie guy" convert the game tunes? While POKEY can do RMT can not... due to the worse emulation libraries... and I doubt Sack has a real A8 at home for "1 to 1" conversions...