IGNORED

Dark Mage is great!.....but I'm stuck :(

adams_ale

I recently purchased Dark Mage from the AA store and I have been more than happy with it. Sure this kind of game isn't for everyone, but it's right up my alley. :) I am stuck and hope someone else has played this game and finished it. I have two questions. The first time I started the game it started me outside of the castle with the guard and I had no introduction. I started the game over again and I had an introduction, but I'm no longer right outside of the castle. 1)Where is the castle? :? 2) Where do I take the black rose? I'm assuming that I probably take the black rose to the castle, but I can't find it anymore. So has anyone else played this game and completed it? Okay that was three questions. ;) Thanks.

The lack of visuals and sound may be a problem for some people, but it really is fun. Kind of like a choose your own adventure book. The only game of this type on the atari. Using my imagination while reading the clever text I was sucked in. :) I guess I'll figure out what to do with that damn rose after a while. :? :ponder: ;)

I turned it off the other day after getting past the troll, getting the black rose, seeing the two people arguing, et cetera. When I started the game the other day it had me on a hill and not in front of the castle with the guard. :? Today I start the game and it has me in front of the castle with the guard. I try to move in different directions and eventually it says I can't go any further. I found the penny in the sand and thats it so far today. Can you help me figure out how to get on a path from here that I can actually continue on? Confused in Norfolk. :?

It keeps saying there is a cliff or I automatically turn back because I don't want to get lost. I compliment it one day and the next it becomes a pain in the ass. :|

yeah, but to be fair, that LOTR isn't terribly good, as its not much of a game. More like walking through a story. You can't make any choices outside of the directed path of the story. The "game" was done more to prove that it could be done, and less as a game itself. I reviewed it for the 2002 Stan Awards found here:

http://atariage.com/features/Stan2002/homebrew.html

Okay then what is the better "game" in your opinion(Dark Mage or LOTR), Stan? I know there isn't much freedom in choice in Dark Mage either, but it is fun for the quirky text and implied adventure. It takes some imagination and I'm willing to go along for the ride. ;)