IGNORED

Donkey Kong Jr.... Oh my

Mendon

Dude, if you thought the platforming action in Donkey Kong Jr. was frustrating, you should give Tiger's Springer a spin. In fact, no, you shouldn't, because you'd probably die of an aneurysm after spending an hour swearing at your television set.

I was convinced that there was no way to beat the first round of Springer because the platforms are spaced so far apart. It turns out that you CAN reach them, but only if you're at the very edge of the first platform before you leap for the next. It's EXTREMELY hard, and not the least bit rewarding. It's a shame, because the game could have been all right if it didn't demand EXACT precision from the player. Someone needs to hack this game to lengthen the size of the platforms or something.

JR

Thanks to all for your responses; much appreciated!

Found it very, very interesting that some people, like myself, find the control in DK Jr. frustrating as hell while others have no problem at all and enjoy the game.

Maybe my problem with control is because Jr. is so responsive on the CV, 7800, NES, and 8bit while he doesn't control in the same manner on the 2600 (two taps to get off a vine). Perhaps I'm set in my ways and anything slightly different is considered "BAD". Us old folks resist change, ya know :D

Mendon

His initials *May* still be in the game though.  Some skilled at disassembling code (Thomas, I'm looking in your direction) should see if they're still in there.

I just had a brief look a the disassembly and I don't think that any initials are hidden in there.

I just had a brief look a the disassembly and I don't think that any initials are hidden in there.

Darn. He did say he was forced to take them out half way through, but I thought he mayhave just taken out the EE to trigger them. They're still in Time Pilot though, I know that. I'll look up how to trigger them (it was something like hold down both fire buttons or sticks on power up).

Tempest