IGNORED

Does 6-switch VCS's have narrower cart slots?

Zeus

I was wondering if anyone could answer this question. I have a 6-switch that seems to have a hard time accepting reissue era 2600 carts (post-crash carts). Although they do fit, it is a really tight fit and seems to scrape the cartridge. This doesn't seem to be a problem with my Vader or Jr.'s. Does anyone know if in fact later models do have wider cartridge slots or if reissue carts are slightly larger? This only happens with Atari-made games. :?

Yes, this is pretty well known. I find that the worst offender in my collection is definitely Pole Position. It's not so much that the cartridge port is wider, but that that for some reason, Atari started making their cartridges thicker. They fit in the 2600 Jr's fine, but I even have a hard time getting Pole Position into my Darth Vader, and I have to really shove to get it into my Heavy Sixer.

--Zero

A good solution if you want to keep using your sixer is to get one of the multi-game adapters like the Game Brain (picture attached). You can then insert your favorite red label games into it, and select which one you want to play. This setup works very nicely for me.

post-2092-1082655364_thumb.jpg