IGNORED

I'm not having a good ebay shipping day!!!

ATARIPITBULL

Today I received 2 boxes from ebay sellers today and both are screwed!!!

1) I won a auction off of this clown: sbell1983y2 for a Gemini joystick that is supposed to be new in the box, but the box looks like someone let there dog play with it, he charged me $4.00 for shipping, but the shipping price on the package says $1.89 and on top of that, instead of sending it in a box to protect it from being crushed at the post office, he just wrapped it up in a paper bag.

2) I won a auction for 2 epyx 500XJ controllers, but when I opened the box, there was only 1 and on top of it, I just started collecting controllers from other companies aside from Atari, so I don't know a lot about them, but this box say's its for the SEGA game system, so I don't even know if it will work for my Atari 2600 till I get home from work. (Do the epyx 500XJ controllers that work for the 2600 say that on the box?)

I am so pissed right now that I might just leave for home right now !!!!!!!!

:x :x :x

instead of sending it in a box to protect it from being crushed at the post office, he just wrapped it up in a paper bag.

I got a poorly-packed Atari 400 in the mail like that...just wrapped in paper. The corner of the computer was smashed into tiny pieces but the thing actually worked OK. I kinda fixed it with clear packing tape but ended up pitching it after getting a 65XE. :x

this box say's its for the SEGA game system, so I don't even know if it will work for my Atari 2600 till I get home from work.  (Do the epyx 500XJ controllers that work for the 2600 say that on the box?)

I thought the Sega Master System uses the same 9-pin connector as the 2600 and that the only difference is the 2nd fire button pin that the SMS controller has. Maybe I'm thinking about the ColecoVision controller... :?

Voch

I 'm not going to neg the asshole who charged me too much for shipping, but he will get a neutral rating from me.

Now about the EPXY controller, it does work with my Atari 2600, but I am going to be selling it on the Atariage auction site, just because it says for the SEGA game master. On the good side, CPUWIZ hooked me up with a person who was selling the controller but it say's for the Atari 2600 and on top and she will sell it to me and throw in a WICO boss controller for a extra $10.00.

The difference it turns out as far as the boxes go for the EPYX 500 controller is that the top of the box is yellow

:twisted: :ponder: 8)

Shipping costs on eBay (postage to us over here) are a joke!

I have 2 regular suppliers in the US and when I get stuff sent surface mail it can be cheaper than domestic shipping! It may take longer but it is a little bit further for it to come.

My personal record is a prize idiot from Wales who wanted to charge me £30.00 for a parcel that cost him £6.91 to send.

Thats £23.09 for an old supermarket box - what a bargain!!!

The shipping cost on most eBay purchases are really surcharges that they don't tell you about. I take a look at the shipping cost first sometimes before I consider if I want to bid on an item. Some people are very reasonable with shipping but some people are not.

Isn't there a new feature on eBay that can automatically calculate the cost of shipping? :ponder:

I don't even bid anymore until I know the shipping charge up front. There are too many jerks out there who charge $6 for shipping and then give you $1.40 in media mail. Give me a break, for $3.75 they could have use Priority, I would get it way sooner and they would still make a profit on shipping.

-S

Yeah, I hate rip off shippers. Fortunately, my latest win came from a good guy. I won a lot of 6 Sega Saturn games, but it didn't say how much shipping was. I e-mailed him before bidding and he said he didn't know how much it would be, so he would say $5 and if it was any more he'd absorb the cost. I thought that was cool, so I actually gave him $6 for shipping, seeing as those Saturn boxes are a bit bigger than most games. Now let's see how he ships them! :D

I got 3 bad packages in last week.. One with 'stickers' on it, was able to save this one tho and the crush was light.. One was a paper wrap and was CRUSHED bad, was even taped up by the usps guy! and then the seller defended his packageing saying it was well prepaired! the 3rd was actually from a known established seller,, a brand new 5200-2600 adapter,, was placed in a big enough box,, but placed 'the wrong way' and the box only had 1 inch of clearance.. of course the box was crushed,, the one inch wasnt enough to save it :roll: luck runs that way..