IGNORED

A/V modded 2600 w/ LCD problem

Stingray

I've got a composite modded Junior that works fine with my composite CRT monitor. I've also got a 7.2 inch Pyramid LCD screen that works fine with my PS2. For whatever reason the modded junior does not work with the LCD. The picture is there, but it rolls rapidly horizontally from left to right. Does anyone know of any known issues with connecting a modded 2600 to an LCD? Is there another a/v mod that might be more LCD friendly that the one on the VCSp site ( http://www.classicgaming.com/vcsp/Question3.htm )?

-S

This is another future project for me :D

Anyways, I do know from my research that the mod doesnt' seem to work on the PS1 screens. I don't figure this is the same one, but they might use something similar in the background? Did you try any other LCDs?

This is another future project for me  :D  

Anyways, I do know from my research that the mod doesnt' seem to work on the PS1 screens. I don't figure this is the same one, but they might use something similar in the background? Did you try any other LCDs?

This is the only LCD I've got. I'll be really dissapointed if I can't make this work, since I bought it specifically for this project. I'm not really keen on buying another one until I can work out what the problem is.

-S

I haven't started with an A/V mod at this point. Well I created the circut used in Ben's mod, but I haven't attached it to one of my jr. yet. If you try another mod let us know how it turns out. Isn't there an add on board you can buy? I think its for a 4 switch though.

If you want a premade board, go to www.atari2600.com and check the 2600: hardware section of the online store for a $60 plug in card.

If you want to build one yourself, the chroma luma mod in the 2600 FAQ is the best, it gives excellent s-video and pretty good composite. I've got a page with helpful hints about it:

http://www94.pair.com/jsoper/2600_other.html

I hate those cheapo mods. The TIA wasn't made to drive a 75 ohm television load.

I haven't had any luck with the mod sited in the AA faq. I may be looking at a different mod than the the one you're talking about though. Do you have a direct link?

The CVSp mod is working fine for me on a composite CRT monitor, but not on this LCD.

-S