IGNORED

Cool! (What $2 will get you)

Mindfield

I won an auction for an excellent condition CIB Keystone Kapers recently. The whole thing's in fantastic shape -- a few actiplaque spots on the cart, but the manual and catalog are pristine. What really grabbed my attention though was that it was the Katch the Krook contest edition to win a $5K savings bond. The contest details sticker on the outside of the box hadn't been peeled, and the scratch and win card wasn't played! Kinda silly, but a cool bit of collectibility. :-)

post-104-1082709596_thumb.jpg

Do it then, not like it matters now.  :ponder:  

I think it's different than opening a sealed box of something rare. I bet there are a bunch more of those sealed anyway.  :D  :ponder:

I dunno. First time I've seen this to be honest, and I usually keep an eye out for nifty crap like this.

i wonder why those kinds of scratch off games have fallen out of favor? was the threat of people learning how to cheat at them becoming too great? I have a pack of Donkey Kong cards i bought at the cinciclassic a couple of years ago with similar scratch off games, though there was no prize to win, it was just scratch off Donkey Kong :P Ive left them as is.

Maybe we can start a pool to see how long he can hold out before he scratches the card :D

Myself I wonder how long I would last. I probably would like to keep the card as it was since I will probably never see another one like it but my curiousty would probably get the better of me. :)

I bought my copy of Keystone Kapers brand new in 1983, and the first thing I did then was scratch off the card- no winner, but for some reason, I saved the card in the original box, and still have it to this day! I guess I had a vision of the future and knew that when I'm 35, I would be into collecting Atari stuff again!

Nope. I ain't gonna scratch it. NIB Keystone Kapers (and the contest version at that) notwithstanding, there's no telling how many open-box CIB KK carts there are that still have the contest card in unplayed condition, never mind the cards were just thrown out after playing and losing in the first place.

if it won, I'd probably send it to Activision to see what would happen.  :)

I'm with AL. Scratch it! I'd bet that Activision would send you something cool if it turned out to be a winner. (Especially if you brought it to Ken's attention.)

Phew! scared me then that is until i saw the 3 months free membership to

AOL :)

Yeah im with the people here who say dont scratch it

it's a piece of history that will probably no longer exists if you do and just imagine how much it's probably worth!

You have already won just by finding one unscratched!