IGNORED

Cool! (What $2 will get you)

Mindfield

Give in to the dark side. Scratch the card :D

I hope that you keep it in its original condition. I think it would be a cool idea to have it placed in one of those card protectors that locks. I have a card for the Marlins 1997 World Series championship that I have protected in one of those.

And you played it wrong to boot. It clearly states you must catch three Krooks IN A ROW.  :P  No free AOL for you!

DOH! Didn't read the instructions properly, dangit! Now I'll never find out if Activision will make good on the prize! (I mean, in spite of the fact that it expired in 1984. :-)

And you played it wrong to boot. It clearly states you must catch three Krooks IN A ROW.  :P  No free AOL for you!

DOH! Didn't read the instructions properly, dangit! Now I'll never find out if Activision will make good on the prize! (I mean, in spite of the fact that it expired in 1984. :-)

Actually the card says scratch off ALL 9 squares so it doesn't matter that you scratched off three that were not in a row. Luckily for you, you misread the instructions twice :D

Actually the card says scratch off ALL 9 squares so it doesn't matter that you scratched off three that were not in a row. Luckily for you, you misread the instructions twice  :D

I'm just too lazy to Photoshop off the rest of those spots. Despite how it may seem, scratching off digital latex coating with a mouse isn't nearly as much fun as the real thing. ;-)

Mindfield your Photoshop work had me laughing out loud.  :D  

Good for you for not scratching it. You really should put it in a card protector.

-S

I probably will -- I actually think I have one around here somewhere. If not there's a nice comic store near me I can grab one from. It's held up surprisingly well all these years as it is, but it'd be nice to give it some more secure protection.

Y'know, the preservationist collector in me is just begging me to bid... :-)

Just think of it this way. I'm increasing the value of yours!

Here's a thought for you completionists. There must be lots of different cards with different prizes, placement of Krooks, etc. Your Activision collection isn't complete unless you have every scratch card variation! :P

Nah. From my point of view, a single, unscratched card with a single, unpeeled contest rules sticker on the box is enough to satisfy the completionist in me.

Going for every possible scratch card number is rather like trying to get every Atari-released cart with a different date code and lot number stamped on the end label -- for those that have them. I'm sure there may in fact be at least one person out there who's obsessive-compulsive enough to try and do that, but I'm inclined to think that for everyone else, it would fall on one's priority list somewhere between chugging a bottle of Drano and making sexual overtures to Strom Thurmond.