IGNORED

Cheetah Codes

Tsukasa

I recently oreder a supercharger and I was planning on applying the cheetah codes to many of the games that I want to play on it. After I mod it, that is.

I don't want to hack the games because I might or might not want cheats depending on how I feel etc.

I would really just like infinite lives and time on pitfall.

The address where time is subtracted is at $F723 (sbc #$01), and where the adjusted number of lives is saved is at $F5B2 (sta $80). So I think the applicable Cheetah codes would be:

5B2EA1 (address $F5B2, use 2 NOP instructions instead of saving)

724000 (address $F724, subtract 0 instead of 1 in the timer)

Distella. I ran a disassembly of the game. Normally, I would have to search for the actual addresses by decyphering the instructions...but since Thomas has a full disassembly posted at The Dig, I didn't need to. I just looked at his comments and then looked for the same instructions in the disassembly I made (to find the exact byte locations in the original game). Cheetah codes follow this format: aaavvn

Disassemblies will show addresses as being 4 digits. But the 2600 ignores the first one (usually F). So that makes the first 3 digits of the code (a). The next 2 digits of the code is the new value you want (v), and the last digit in the code is the number of bytes at that address you are changing minus 1 (n) (so changing 1 byte means that you would use a 0).

Pc atari's debugger would help me find the right addresses also, right?

Because I wouldn't have to reassemble the code every time I wanted to test it. I've hacked Nes games before using FceUltra's debugger, so hacking an atari game shouldn't be too much different. ;)