IGNORED

AV Output Woody

belty

I've got a spare Woody that produces a bit of minor video noise through the RF Modulator, (it's characteristic of RF modulators).

I was thinking of butchering it to produce AV out so that I can put straight into the AV inputs of my TV. I use PAL systems and my TV when taking NTSC inputs through AV is fine, but through the Aerial sockets has tuning problems such as not locking on to signal or rolling screen with no V-Hold.

A few good games come up on Ebay as NTSC versions so I want to get involved with those.

I imagine it would be painless if the audio/video line level into RF modulator is standard, if this is not the case then I can imagine it would be a pain and not worth bothering with.

I'm quite handy with electronics so not scared to dive in, any tips? Has this been done before?

Top Stuff!

I'm still planning on modding my spare PAL Vader too, but I haven't had the time yet. Here's some info:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=45581

http://www.atariage.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=47843

I don't think NTSC or PAL doesn't make much difference for any mod you try.

On a side note, Ben H.'s mod is one that electronic dummies like I use, if you want a decent one (chroma/luma, and amplified) check the FAQ of this site for the Chroma/Luma mod. Unfortunately, this is a bit out of my league when it comes to electronics. I have heard good things about the Ben H. mod though, even if it's claimed not to be really "what TIA is meant for".