IGNORED

First to get 5200 Castle Crisis

Allan

Mine was in my mailbox this afternoon when I came home for lunch. This game is f^%#$'ng awesome! I had to go and play the real arcade version on my ps1 to see just how exact this game is. DAMN it is spot on. I never really paid attention but...is this officially a homebrew, or a proto that got finished. Bry, either way this is incredible.

Both with the paddle and the regular controller it's good. What really impressed me is the sound. (Well, ONE of the things that really impressed me that is) I cant wait for this weekend....Im gonna shlep the 5200 out into the living room to hook it up to the widescreen with the home theater action. I bet it really kicks in surround sound!

The one thing that really sucks about this game is the fact it couldn't be called Warlords. It truly is deserving o the name.

:thumbsup:

Thanks for the kind words!

I never really paid attention but...is this officially a homebrew,   or a proto that got finished.

It's a homebrew. I started it from scratch.

The one thing that really sucks about this game is the fact it couldn't be called Warlords.

Yeah, I went back and forth, but decided I'd be really bummed if Infogrames or Williams/Midway got on my case about it. I sometimes call it Warlords myself cause that's what I called it the whole time I was writing it.

-Bry

Thanks for the kind words!

I never really paid attention but...is this officially a homebrew,   or a proto that got finished.

It's a homebrew. I started it from scratch.

-Bry

Um...then what the hell are you doing posting here at AA???

GET TO WORK ON THE NEXT ONE!!!!

I'm thinking Time Pilot.....(oops!) I mean Airplane Crisis.

I got to try it at Philly! It is indeed awesome. I didn't order one yet, I've been thinking about actually getting the A8 version, even though I'm a big 5200 nut... How easy is the stock 5200 control anyway, I mean not just for us 5200 experts but for others who can't get the Frog to cross the road using that thing?

I got to try it at Philly! It is indeed awesome. I didn't order one yet, I've been thinking about actually getting the A8 version, even though I'm a big 5200 nut... How easy is the stock 5200 control anyway, I mean not just for us 5200 experts but for others who can't get the Frog to cross the road using that thing?

If you get this game for the 5200, you have to build a paddle controller. They are so fantastic. I got the parts for three more already to go.

Allan

post-187-1083291106_thumb.jpg

post-187-1083291107_thumb.jpg

I have to agree- THIS GAME IS AWESOME! Arcade-perfect, even! I, wish too, that it could have been called Warlords, with the Warlords marque logo and cabinet art. I understand why the Warlords name wasn't used, but do you think that Infogrames would mind, since this is only a limited release for a long-dead platform- the 5200?

Anybody going to be selling 5200 paddle controllers? I have a bad 5200 controller or two I could probably donate.

Tempest

I'll second that; just had four regular controllers fixed up a while back.Paddle controllers would finish off Castle Crisis perfectly!Gotta try the game on my four port system next....

I got to try it at Philly! It is indeed awesome. I didn't order one yet' date=' I've been thinking about actually getting the A8 version, even though I'm a big 5200 nut... How easy is the stock 5200 control anyway, I mean not just for us 5200 experts but for others who can't get the Frog to cross the road using that thing?[/quote']

The advantage of an A8 version is that it would not require modifying paddles. When will an A8 version be available?

Rob Mitchell, Atlanta, GA

Glad to see they are safely arriving.  I expect we'll hear more from people tonight after they get home from school and work.  :)

..Al

Wow, my head's WAY up my behind. I didn't even realize these were in stock yet!!

/me leaves to order one promptly.