IGNORED

Music Machine: The Album

El Destructo

Owners of the Sparrow Music Machine cartridge (all 2 of you ) ;) might be interested in something I recently acuired: the "Best Selling Album" described on the back of the box. It's made by Sparrow on the Candle label, and is dated 1978. It must have been out for a few years before they decided to base an Atari game on it.

Cover art has the so-cute-they're-scary kids as seen on the box front. Inside is a storybook covering the Love, Patience, Gentleness, Faith etc. "Fruits of the Spirit."

Has anyone else seen this album? I don't think they sold as many copies as they're leading us to believe. ;)

Anyway, if anyone interested in seeing pics, I'll snap some and post them.

There is a sh*tload more of those records than there are Music Machine cartridges. I owned 3 of these records at one point. I kept one of them and framed it with my cart and manual. They have nothing to do with each other and there is even a sequel to the record (if not even more).

Although it does look like they belong together. :D

mmframed.jpg

They have nothing to do with each other

I disagree. The Atari 2600 gameplay is clearly based on the original record & book. Each involves collecting/learning about the "Fruits Of The Spirit."

I'm judging from the story included with the record. Don't know what's on the record...too scared to play it. :| ;)

They have nothing to do with each other

I disagree. The Atari 2600 gameplay is clearly based on the original record & book. Each involves collecting/learning about the "Fruits Of The Spirit."

I'm judging from the story included with the record. Don't know what's on the record...too scared to play it. :| ;)

Play it backwards. :skull:

There is a sh*tload more of those records than there are Music Machine cartridges. I owned 3 of these records at one point. I kept one of them and framed it with my cart and manual. They have nothing to do with each other and there is even a sequel to the record (if not even more).

There are ar least 2 follow up albums that I know of. Both can be found in the GEMM DB for under $20.00 from time to time.

This particular record is cool to have because it is the record that the game is based on. That's a nice set up, CPU.

I take it you don't PLAY Music Machine all that often, then? ;)

I take it you don't PLAY Music Machine all that often' date=' then? ;)[/quote']

Once or twice, then it went into the frame. :ponder:

I WAS AT A THRIFT SHOP ONE DAY AND FOUND A COPY OF MUSIC MACHINE - THE ALBUM IN MINT CONDITION. BECAUSE THE TITLE WAS IN ALL CAPS, I BOUGHT A COPY. I PLAYED IT ONCE AND IT WAS PRETTY SILLY! I NEVER EVEN GOT THROUGH THE WHOLE THING BECAUSE IT WAS SO SILLY. THEY HAD OTHER SPARROW KIDDY RECODS THERE THAT DAY AS WELL, BUT I DIDNT BUY THEM. NOW I JUST NEED TO FIND THE CART THERE AND MY COLLECTION IS COMPLETE! :P

Why would anybody play it more than a few times? It's basically just really easy Kaboom! (and in fact is indeed a hack of it).

And yeah' date=' the records are very common and there's an ongoing series of them. IIRC, there was even a radio program at one point.[/quote']

I tried listening to one of the records. I couldn't sit through it. It was worse then listening to the Lolliwinks. :D

I had an LP called Music Machine when I was 4. It was released by K-Tel in 1977. Among the tracks were "I Just Want to Be Your Everything" (Andy Gibb), "I Like Dreamin'" (Kenny Nolan), "Beth" (Kiss), "Got to Give It Up" (Marvin Gaye), "Theme From Rocky" (?), "Blinded By the Light" (Manfred Mann), "Play That Funky Music" (Wild Cherry) and "Dancing Queen" (Abba).

Make a video game based on that and you just got thirty bucks of mine, that's for sure.

I could have sworn that there was a Music Machine LP with a similar theme but different cover artwork. I saw it at a garage sale a couple of years ago, but didn't purchase it because there was no 2600 cartridge to go along with it.

JR