IGNORED

HELP, Realsports soccer that is actually realsports Football

dykesr

Okay on friday i got several games and 2 controllers a a local thirfts store and i finnal ywas able to test them all today and everything works! But to my surprise the Realsports soccer game that i purchased is not realsports soccer it is actually Realsports football. The End laben on this soccer is a bit different too it Says from left to right Realsports Soccer P. WHat does that mean and why does it play realsports football instead of soccer? What do i have hear?? HELP

Hey! They let the short Europeans kick the ball. Otherwise' date=' the rest is war...and the ball is delivered by any means. Here in the US, we let the girls wear the shorts.[/quote']

Shouldn't it be called Handball-War then? :ponder:

Ya it is not Football that playes soccer. THe labe sayes REALSPORTS SOCCER P and when played it playes football.

Well that's right, because soccer IS football. It's not even called soccer in the majority of the world.

As for American "football", well, we play rugby instead. Similar game, but we're not so girly that we have to be all padded up. ;)

Theoretically if it is a pal cart it shouldnt play on my TV but it does just fine. The wierd part though is that thelabe is the silver soccer label. I am all confused.

End label mixup, perhaps? Or maybe whoever owned that one originally had a bunch of end labels fall off and put 'em all back wrong. :-)

Or, your TV is capable of automatically syncing at 50Hz. (Do they make any of those in North America? I know they make TVs in Europe capable of automatically switching between PAL and PAL-60).

As for American "football"' date=' well' date=' we play rugby instead. Similar game, but we're not so girly that we have to be all padded up. ;)[/quote'']

...and you can get extra teeth. Sorry...I had to share that story when I saw you mention rugby.

Voch

Oooh yeah, that was impressive! :o

There are some error carts floating around out there, though. I have an Amidar that Plays Frogger.

I don't know if it is mislabeled or they put the wrong board in, but I have no reason to think it is a fake. I got it in an eBay lot of like 30 games for $25 or so.

Actually, that cart is what led me to AA, so some good has come from it either way! :)

Sounds to me like you're using the special top-secret TranslAtari console that Atari were prototyping back in '84... the idea was it would automatically convert a cartridge to whatever locale the game was played in, so text containing the word "color" would show as "colour" in the UK. It was so clever that it would even translate American Football into real football (or "soccer" as you so quaintly call it).

Unfortunately, it appears the translation wasn't working right as it shouldn't have "translated" Soccer at all, but "Football" would have translated into soccer. Maybe yours is an early version.