IGNORED

AA Anthony Atari GAME OF THE WEEK - TANKS DELUXE

ANTHONY ATARI

TANKS DELUXE (TANKS BUT NO TANKS)

TANKS DELUXE IS A REAL FUN TANK GAME. UNLIKE COMBAT OR ARMOR AMBUSH WHICH REQUIRE 2 PLAYERS, IF YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS YOU CAN HAVE PLENTY OF FUN PLAYING TANKS DELUXE BECAUSE IT IS YOU AGAINST THE VCS :)

I THINK I PLAYED A GAME LIKE THIS ON THE NINTENDO ONCE, PERHAPS. ANYWAY, YOU HAVE A BASE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE SCREEN. YOUR MISSION IS TO DEFEND THAT BASE. THE ENEMY TANKS GO AROUND AND TRY TO COME DOWN TO YOUR BASE TO BLOW IT UP. YOU MUST DEFEND THAT BASE, AND ALSO GO ON THE OFFENSIVE AND WIPE OUT ALL THOSE TANKS. UNLIKE OTHER ATARI GAMES WHERE YOU FIGHT AN UNLIMITED SUPPLY OF ENEMIES TILL YOU ARE DEAD, IN THIS GAME YOU ACTUALLY GET TO WATCH THEIR NUMBERS DROP. AFTER YOU HAVE BLOWN UP THE LAST ENEMY TANK, YOU GET TO GO TO LEVEL 2; A WHOLE NEW COURSE. LEVEL 2 IS EVEN MORE DIFFICULT THAN LEVEL ONE BECAUSE YOUR BASE IS MORE "IN THE OPEN."

THIS GAME IS CHALLENGING AND REWARDING. I HAVE NEVER GOTTEN PAST LEVEL 2, BUT THEN AGAIN, I HAVEN'T PLAYED IT MUCH.

IF YOU LIKE TANK GAMES AND WANT A FUN ONE, I HIGHLY SUGGEST THIS GAME.

TANKS DELUXE IS A HACK OF "TANKS BUT NO TANKS" AN EARLIER VERSION RELEASED BY ZIMAG. I HAVE THE HACK WHICH I BOUGHT FROM HOZER A WHILE BACK.

OH, WHATS THIS...

I JUST GOT AN E-MAIL

Ok, the moderators of this forum have just requested that I stop using all caps. Oh well, it was fun while It lasted. I guess you guys won. :(

Since you can't WIN on most Atari games, enjoy the feeling while you can :D