IGNORED

Clear and Colored Carts Now Available

Albert

ColoredCarts.jpgAtariAge is pleased to announce that the majority of Atari 2600 homebrews, hacks, and reproductions sold in the AtariAge Store are now available for purchase in clear and colored cartridge shells. Most games are available in clear plastic as an option, with several games available in red or blue as well, and you can add this extra bit of style to your Atari 2600 purchases for only $2.50. For more information as well as sample pictures of games in clear, blue, and red cartridge shells, please look here.

Now that you have everything available in clear' date=' red, and blue . . .

What about the next obvious step?

Double-enders, anyone?[/quote']

if double ender cases are made, they should be smoked clear cases, might aswell use a bright color for circuit board.

my 2 cents worth....

now i haveta make 2 decisions of what to treat myself to?

red,clear,blue and then game, maybe if you have clear green id get ET! ;)

decisions decisions decisions, thats a tough one :)

How much would it cost to repackage a homebrew that I bought before that option was available?"

This is something I need to think about.

What kind of options can we expect for these cases at Midwest Gaming Classic?

We'll have a selection of games in clear/blue/red cases' date=' not sure exactly what just yet.

Double-enders' date=' anyone?[/quote']

Don't get your hopes up for this, the market is far to small for double-ender games for anyone to go through the huge expensive of creating a plastic mold for.

..Al

This is really awsome! I cant wait to buy some of these colored games.

Do we get to pick what color we want? For example, I may want to buy a copy of Marble Craze soon. do I get to choose what color I want?

note:

I think its about time that new housings get used. I never liked the idea of destroying the older ones. In the early 80s, all these different companies had their own housings manufactured anyway.

I wonder what company is manufacturing these?

note:

I think its about time that new housings get used. I never liked the idea of destroying the older ones. In the early 80s' date=' all these different companies had their own housings manufactured anyway.

[/quote']

I know the feeling. I've come to terms w/ accepting it. The thing is, it's pretty much just the commons that get gutted, and the homebrew market is such a tiny fraction of the production runs back in the day...

Sigh. If only they hadn't crushed all those ETs in the desert...

Dude! Thrust looks AWESOME in a clear case! I'm gonna pick that up as soon as possible!

I promised not to make another variation and I am keeping my promises. Therefore sorry' date=' no clear Thrust. :|[/quote']

:?

I don't think a minor packaging change like this really qualifies for a whole new edition of the game' date=' Thomas. [/quote']

Ok, but as long as other buyers of the current version think different, I am bound and will keep my promise.

Thrust should be made available in clear at least (I don't know if it would work in blue or red).

Clear is IMO the only good looking color for Thrust.

Ok' date=' but as long as other buyers of the current version think different, I am bound and will keep my promise.[/quote']

Well, I own the Special Edition that was bundled with the pedal, so I'm not quite the right person, but if the ROM is the same, it's just a minor packaging variation.

Are your existing platinum editions made with recycled or new carts? If both then you've already got different "versions" of the current edition.

I know many collectors feel compelled to buy every subtly different version of stuff, but I personally prefer a wide range of different editions, revisions and versions of any given product over its lifespan. I don't recall the context in which you made your promise, but I think you would be doing yourself an injustice not to allow a clear varient of Thrust+.

Hm... I thought it was something around $5000' date=' but I can be wrong.[/quote']

Well, that's about double what I'd be prepared to bankroll, but if someone can PM me with the details I need to be able to ask a local company for the right thing, I might consider it a project worth pursuing.

I don't understand your sentence. Albert already made clear cart versions of Thrust. What are you saying now' date=' he can't sell them? :?[/quote']

He asked me for permission long ago and the situation hasn't changed since then. As long as anybody who bought the (promised to be final) black case version of Thrust wants me to keep that promise, I will do so. So you don't have to convince me, it is not my decision anymore. (I really want Stan to believe me now :))

AFAIK the clear cart version is only for demo purpose (and maybe to convince everybody mentioned above ;)).

BTW: IMO the black case looks better anyway. The label was designed for black cases and I am sure David would have done a different label for clear cases.

Thomas, I believe you! No more versions of Thrust...right now. ;)

I, in no way, consider a clear cart Thrust to be a new version. Heck, if you would allow it to be sold in a clear cart, I may FINALLY buy one!**

**only if I get a guarantee from you that if there is a new version, I get the newer version free! ;)