IGNORED

Clear and Colored Carts Now Available

Albert

AFAIK the clear cart version is only for demo purpose (and maybe to convince everybody mentioned above ;)).

Yes' date=' I made it to see how it would look (I think it looks nice in the clear case), and to show Thomas. And also to use it as fuel for this debate as I knew it would come up. :)

[img']http://www.atariage.com/store/images/clearcarts/images/Clear_Thrust.jpg[/img]

..Al

I' date=' in no way, consider a clear cart Thrust to be a new version.[/quote']

Sorry, since you missed buying the game before, your opinion is irrelevant right now. :P :D

Heck, if you would allow it to be sold in a clear cart, I may FINALLY buy one!**

**only if I get a guarantee from you that if there is a new version, I get the newer version free! ;)

Ok, how exactly do you define "new version"? :)

Any of the bits inside the binary changes and it's a new version. :P

Silent minor bugfixes are forbidden then? :?

Yep, strictly forbidden. That is almost Micro$oft territory you're stepping into here. :ponder:

You may as well make the cart flashable and have people download patches every couple months. :lol:

Ok' date=' how exactly do you define "new version"? :)[/quote']

Any of the bits inside the binary changes and it's a new version. :P

I'm with CPUWiz on this one. Changing the color of the packaging of a game like this is irrelevant to the actual game itself. Is there any difference between a first run PS2 game and the "Greatest Hits" variant of the same game in most/any instance beyond the black background behind the "Playstation 2" logo being changed to red and the cheaper cost? Both have the same game you want to play, all the bits preserved and the same faqs will help you on either one. ;)

--

Mord

You may as well make the cart flashable and have people download patches every couple months. :lol:

Months? I could make a patch every day! :D

And this is why I wait, and still don't have Thrust yet....I just know you can't leave it alone. :D :D :D :D

Seriously, if I were to buy Thrust, I think I would want it in the clear cart. It looks SO good. :)

Oh, and a new version is anytime you make any changes to the code and rerelease the game and say "Look, its better, I changed it!" :)

Oh' date=' and a new version is anytime you make any changes to the code and rerelease the game and say "Look' date=' its better, I changed it!" :)[/quote'']

Ok, only silent updates then. :D

If they're so silent why are you saying anything ?

Months? I could make a patch every day! :D

mmm...I envision a version of Thrust made especially for the less-skilled players out there---like me! Features like:

*99 lives

*non-firing enemy turrets!

*ability to toggle off "reverse gravity"!!!

*invincible pods

*a shield for your ship that protects against collisions with walls.

*etc!

What say you? :D

"Another version"? Bullshit. If it were really a new version it would have something different like new levels, altered graphics, or some crap like that. You probably just don't want the clear cart to be sold because you think it looks ugly, and if so, you have poor taste.

I'm so pissed off right now, I'm going to beat up my neighbor's dog.

Don't get your hopes up for this, the market is far to small for double-ender games for anyone to go through the huge expensive of creating a plastic mold for.

Ballpark figure, how much is "huge expense"?

Anywhere from $3k to $10k for the tool mold and setup, not including the mechanical engineering that needs to go into creating the model and the time spent dealing with it.

Joe