IGNORED

Hey

Primevci

I been hearing this little voice since i played my dads 10 in 1 and now i want the original thing, so here is my question other than ebay where is a good place to buy a atari system thats wotn rip you off on price??????? i seen some places selling 1 atari 2 joys stick 2 paddle controls 10 games for 200 bucks??!?!? is there any place cheaper than ebay or is ebay my best bet?

There's the usual places you can check. Pawn shops. Thrift stores. Yard sales. Flea markets. Etc. etc. etc.

But if you live where I do, I wish you much more success than I have. Mississippi isn't exactly a "breeding ground" for all things Atari. I've yet to see something that I didn't buy from friends. :sad:

Hey there,

Welcome to Atariage!

You can probably get a cheap system through this site. Just post an inquiry in the Marketplace Forum.

I have 12 different games I could sell to you for cheap.

Send me a private message if you're interested.

There's the usual places you can check. Pawn shops. Thrift stores. Yard sales. Flea markets. Etc. etc. etc.

But if you live where I do' date=' I wish you much more success than I have. Mississippi isn't exactly a "breeding ground" for all things Atari. I've yet to see something that I didn't buy from friends. :sad:[/quote']

Whereabouts do you live in Mississippi? I grew up in Rolling Fork, MS about 30 minutes from Jackson. :) Oh and welcome to AA primevci!

If there's some advice I may offer, DO NOT go to EBay if you are looking for a system. First, ask in the Marketplace. I'm very positive that someone has seen your topic and has already offered you a 2600 for sale.

Second of all, figure out exactly what you want and then put up a topic with the names of the games you would like to purchase in the Marketplace forum. Chances are, you can find very good deals on common games from most of the members here (though I don't really have many commons on me for sale).

I hope your experience with the 2600 is enjoyable once you do get one! :)

Welcome to AtariAge by the way! :D

I agree with the others who have suggested the Marketplace area of this forum. That's the best place online to find a reasonably priced 2600 from a reputable seller.

However if you do post a thread in the marketplace I'd suggest using a title that's a little more descriptive than "Hey".

-S

You can get a great deal on ebay, you just got to keep trying to get a system at the price you want. I just won a six-switch CIB, with all the cardboard inserts for just $45.00. you can also check out places like www.atari2600.com www.worldofatari.com and a few others.

P.S. WELCOME TO ATARIAGE, THE BEST ATARI WEB SITE IN THE WORLD!!

:ponder: :) ;)

But if you live where I do' date=' I wish you much more success than I have. Mississippi isn't exactly a "breeding ground" for all things Atari. I've yet to see something that I didn't buy from friends. :sad:[/quote']

Whereabouts do you live in Mississippi? I grew up in Rolling Fork, MS about 30 minutes from Jackson. :) Oh and welcome to AA primevci!

I live up on the other end of the state. Near Tupelo. Only three pawn shops and two thrift stores in my town. None of them with any Atari stuff though. I also checked at a flea market in Ripley, First Monday. Only comment I got was "sumguy" came the month before and bought his whole lot, consisting of a 2600 (4-switch) and a couple of games. After being informed those games were Pac-man and Combat, I knew I didn't miss much. :D

Ebay is the best place imo. You can get a good deal here at AA I'm sure as well. If you go Ebay, and are patient, you can get a really good deal. Just make sure the seller is reputable with good feedback.

If you find a seller that is only getting rid of their kids' old system you'll get a great deal. There are also plenty of ebay brokers who snatch up those deals then turn around and sell them. You'll know for sure the system will be working, but you won't get near as good a buy since you're paying for their profit.

Either way, you should be able to get a good working system with at least 20-25 games for under $50 bucks if you check around.

Hello. I'm new to the boards, and will soon be "new" to collecting Atari games. I used to collect games back until a few years ago, but with the discovery of emulators I dumped my whole collection. Lately I've been missing my collection (not to mention that I don't play the emulators because they're just not the same!), so I am going to start collecting again. Thing is, I have to wait a couple of months until after my wife and I move before I make any kind of collection purchase. Damn responsibility. ;)

Anyway, I'd just like to say that I've had tremendous luck at garage sales, at least I did while I was an avid collector. I also collected Nintendo and Intellivision at the time, and I could pretty much could on walking home with at least one system every weekend I went out. Not to mention many games. I'm looking forward to getting back out to sales this year, but haven't had much of a chance to yet. Anyway, I would highly recommend taking some drives around on Saturday mornings and hitting up the sales, because you can really find great deals!

John