IGNORED

Finally setting it all up

Stephen

I have finally got an SIO2PC board coming!!! I have spent the last several hours searching this forum and google, trying to decide the age old 1200XL vs 800XL argument. I have decided to use my 1200XL (both of my 800XLs have the cheapo mushy keyboard), but I will modify it to use the APE Warp+ OS (I found old instructions for adding a PBI to the 1200XL - which I don't really need at the moment, but these instructions also cover how to use an 800XL OS in the 1200XL.)

One question I cannot find an answer to though - will the Wizztronics 256K board for the 800XL work with the 1200XL (assuming it has been fitted with the 800XL OS)? This is the board that Best Electronics is selling (I have the 41256 chips from a very long time ago already). If this mod will not work, can someone please point me to one that will.

I have the Super Video 2.1 instructions for the 130XE. I don't have the ones for the 600XL, 800XL, and 1200XL. The original geocities page is down, and while google has the pages cached, it does not have the images. If someone could provde me with these, I would be most grateful.

Thanks for any help.

P.S.

If there are any other mods I should do, feel free to suggest them. At some time, I will most likely add a 2nd POKEY for stereo. I am not sure what new demos will work on the machine though - it's an NTSC.

Stephen Anderson

The board will only work if its specially designed to also work in the 1200xl.

The memory circuit is wired in a different order in the 1200xl so some sort of jumper or at least instructions for connecting to the right points would be required.

Steve

I too want to do the video upgrade to my poor arsed 1200XL! The output is terrible! I am confused on which to do, some mods are very simple while others seem very complicated, like the recent Clearpic 2002 (a lot more work to do on this one!) I think I may just do the original one, only 4 components need to be installed, and the rest removed or jumpers installed.

I've dont the clearpic and supervideo upgrades on the 1200XL.

I personally like the supervideo upgrade better. I usually do everything except install the bypass switch, which doesnt seem worth drilling a hole in the case for.

The SV requires more time to do but the picture is really outstanding.

Steve