IGNORED

Atari 7800 Review: Robotron: 2084

Cousin Vinnie

Robotron's the game, now! :D That's one of few Atari games that I can play over and over again and never get tired of it.

Only thing that puzzles me about the game is that the people you have to rescue seem, well, brainless. Think about it... these happy-go-lucky people feel compelled to walk around in circles without caution as to what might happen should a passing Hulk trample them. In most cases, these people seem to walk right into the things.

Way I see it, I figured that these bundle of pixels we call people would make at least some attempt to escape death, right? Perhaps not.

Ah well... still a good game. :D

Only thing that puzzles me about the game is that the people you have to rescue seem, well, brainless.  Think about it... these happy-go-lucky people feel compelled to walk around in circles without caution as to what might happen should a passing Hulk trample them.  In most cases, these people seem to walk right into the things.

Way I see it, I figured that these bundle of pixels we call people would make at least some attempt to escape death, right?  Perhaps not.

Ah well... still a good game.   :D

Yeah, little crap like that is what seperates new games from old ones. The modern graphics do not wow me as much as the little touches game designers are dropping in the games now. Today's games are awesome.

Cousin Vinnie

Robotron 2084, along with Galaga, is one of the absolutle must-have titles for the 7800. It's an amazingly fun version of one of the all-time greatest arcade games. It IS relatively easy... even playing with just one stick, I can get to level 14 or higher. Nonetheless, it retains all the joy of the original.

Robotron 2084, along with Galaga, is one of the absolutle must-have titles for the 7800.  It's an amazingly fun version of one of the all-time greatest arcade games.  It IS relatively easy... even playing with just one stick, I can get to level 14 or higher.  Nonetheless, it retains all the joy of the original.

I agree and with Robotron and Galaga I would add Ms Pacman and Food Fight as must haves for the 7800