IGNORED

What Comedies would make cool 2600 games?

As far as I know, there's only one good 2600 game based on a comedy (Ghostbusters.)

Are comedies doomed to NOT have good games? You know, with a movie like Robocop or Terminator, you could eaisly make a viable game. But what about comedies?

I think Revenge Of The Nerds would rule.

Although it isnt a movie, a MXC game would kick ass too.

Ghostbusters wasn't the only game based on a comedy --

Porky's

M*A*S*H

Those are just a couple off the top of my head.

I bet Spaceballs woulda made a good game.   :D

Please note that I said 'GOOD' games. Porky's and M*A*S*H sucked horrendously.

Yeah, Spaceballs would'a ruled.

I suppose you could turn Outlaw into !Three Amigos!.

Spaceballs could also be made from Moonsweeper.

Revenge Of The Nerds would have to be a game in it's own right, though.

I imagine the only two games (off the top of my head.) that could be hacked into MXC would be either Telepathy or Adventures of Tron.

And Vacation might be doable (Night Rider, maybe? Possibly even hacking the ghosts into cars in one of the Pac games.)

The Young Ones! (Hey, it worked on the Spectrum. :-)

And also the Adrian Edmondson's How To Be A Complete Bastard. Both made some pretty freakin' hillarious game translations.

'Course you'd have to be familiar with TYO to get the full benefit of the humour in the game. HTBACB however was enjoyable without having read the book. :-) (The book is great, though)

I imagine the only two games (off the top of my head.) that could be hacked into MXC would be either Telepathy or Adventures of Tron.

)

Takeshi's CAstle, the Japanese TV show that MXC is based on, was actually released for the NES

Actually it was on the Japanese NES-Famicom. Just so you don't go looking at your local Funcoland. There was a little story about it in IIRC-Tips 'N Tricks a few months back.

Gopher as Caddyshack, huh . . . I like this concept, if only because it's my favorite movie ever.

They did Porky's, and yes, it does suck. Why not Police Academy? With Michael Winslow's actual vocal sound effects, otherwise it'd be lame.

And a "Married: With Children" game would be cool. Cramming shoes on fat women, stuffing $$$ into G-strings at the Nudie Bar, avoiding sex with the wife. . . :)

And MASH: The Game doesn't suck. :)

Cartoons are comedy too...

Here are 5 examples:

Popeye

Snoopy and the Red Baron

Smurfs (save the day and Rescue...)

Taz/Asterix

Berenstain Bears

The Sesame Street kid controller games (a stretch, yes)

Road Runner

Kool Aid Man (comedy commercial)

(yes, not all cartoon adapations were comedy-based, like Strawberry Shortcake)

Cartoons are comedy too...

Here are 5 examples:

Popeye

Snoopy and the Red Baron

Smurfs (save the day and Rescue...)

Taz/Asterix

Berenstain Bears

The Sesame Street kid controller games (a stretch, yes)

Road Runner

Kool Aid Man (comedy commercial)

(yes, not all cartoon adapations were comedy-based, like Strawberry Shortcake)

The Three Stooges was on the Commodore 64 and other platforms. It also got re-released on the GameBoy Advance recently, too.

It's a great game. I hope the GBA version isn't just a port of the NES version (the least good one), and looks more like the PC one. . .

And, besides, it played a crucial part in another classic film (Lethal Weapon 3, of course). . .

I actually made a Married...with Children game as a project in a college Visual Basic class. The object of the game was to match the correct objects with the correct person or location. In the end, you had to find the correct objects to give to Peg to avoid having sex with her. I got the idea from playing the Swordquest games. I know I still have the game on a cd someplace. If I come across, I'll post some pictures. Oh....and I got an A+ on it :D