IGNORED

What Comedies would make cool 2600 games?

Def. Spaceballs...  I think Death Star Battle could be hacked into that...

I was thinking that Subterrania would be a better fit, actually. It even looks a little like the scene where Lone Starr and his pals are flying through the ear of the MegaMaid.

I dunno about the other suggestions, though. I mean, comedies just don't work well as video games. I shudder to imagine what The Critic would have been like as a game, if the show had ever became popular enough to warrant one.

JR

Animal House

4 Levels

1. Wander around campus and find Delta pledge pin and get to delta house (timed level)

2. Inside Delta house...avoid beers being thrown at you...reach the basement bar.

3. Toga Party...Get as many passed out babes into your shopping cart and over to Dean Wormers House. (timed level)

4. Homecoming Parade...Blow stuff up without being stoped by Neidermeyer or Police.

If level 3 is too offensive then make level 3 "Road trip"...avoid damage to Flounders brother's car as you head for Emily Dickenson College.

Actually, one of the best is coming soon...Homestar Runner! I can't wait to burninate!!!

I agree with this guy. I'm so glad that this project is actually happening. Although, I do hope there is more than simply "burninating" in this game -- there are so many other funny elements of that website besides trogdor.

A comedy... how about Python's In Quest Of The Holy Grail....an Adventure type game.Maybe LOTR can be hacked into to make this one.

If you think about it, adventure is that game! Python is just a little square, but he is still looking for a cup!

It's not really a comedy (at least, not intentionally), but one of these days I'm going to write a VCS game based on the campy old 60's cartoon Rocket Robin Hood.

It would almost certainly be a multi-level game where each level was a seperate game... like in one, you'd control a set of ships blasting others out of the way as they charge you... in another wave, you'd control Friar Tuck on one side of the screen while soldiers ran at you, and you'd have to bounce them away with your belly... and another wave where you controller Robin himself while you fought against some guy while on rocket skis. There would DEFINITELY have to be interlude scenes that would show pictures of the characters (reminiscent of the way the actual cartoon would show bios of each of the characters in every single episode).

Was this cartoon ever even shown in the states? Or is it just a Canadian thing?

--Zero

A comedy... how about Python's In Quest Of The Holy Grail....an Adventure type game.Maybe LOTR can be hacked into to make this one.

If you think about it, adventure is that game! Python is just a little square, but he is still looking for a cup!

And instead of a dragon, you could have a rabbit that chases the knight around the levels. :D