IGNORED

High Score Club Week 2- Ms. Pac-Man

Cousin Vinnie

GAAAHHH 116,280!!!!

But when I got up to take the picture.. the joystick was on the floor and I kicked it and it went right to the 'select one player Strawberry' screen which AMAZINGLY RESETS THE SCORE TO ZERO!! :x :x

Swear to god.. I was even putting up the box next to the tv to frame it. :sad:

Well if I can do it once on my third game no doubt.. I can do it again. Here we go!

GAAAHHH 116,280!!!!

But when I got up to take the picture.. the joystick was on the floor and I kicked it and it went right to the 'select one player Strawberry' screen which AMAZINGLY RESETS THE SCORE TO ZERO!!  :x  :x  

Swear to god.. I was even putting up the box next to the tv to frame it.  :sad:  

Well if I can do it once on my third game no doubt.. I can do it again. Here we go!

No need to worry. Pictures are not required as proof. Just your honor.

If we find you are lying someone will be sent to your house to beat you to death with a 7800 prostick.

GAAAHHH 116,280!!!!

But when I got up to take the picture.. the joystick was on the floor and I kicked it and it went right to the 'select one player Strawberry' screen which AMAZINGLY RESETS THE SCORE TO ZERO!!  :x  :x  

If we find you are lying someone will be sent to your house to beat you to death with a 7800 prostick.

:lol:

Well thank you.. I do sort of feel vindicated. :D I of course have zero reason to lie.. but it really just sucks! :sad: Incidentally I played on/off last night after that.. but I couldn't really duplicate it and only able to reach max about 76000 (below is one of them). I think I just burned out from playing it, as once I died once or twice in the first 3-4 boards I'd get pissed and restart :lol:

post-31-1084550865_thumb.jpg

post-31-1084550866_thumb.jpg

GAAAHHH 116,280!!!!

Well thank you.. I do sort of feel vindicated. :D I of course have zero reason to lie.. but it really just sucks! :sad: Incidentally I played on/off last night after that.. but I couldn't really duplicate it and only able to reach max about 76000 (below is the one from earlier above). I think I just burned out from playing it, as once I died once or twice in the first 3-4 boards I'd get pissed and restart :lol:

I think I just burned out from playing it, as once I died once or twice in the first 3-4 boards I'd get pissed and restart :lol:

Exactly why I'm taking at least a month's break from any derivitive of "Pac-Man." 19 hours of classes, six final exams, and a week chock full of Pac-Man is enough to kill the strongest and most patient man. :D

It's summer vacation for me now, so I don't have to worry about the classes and exams anymore 'til next fall. :D

GAAAHHH 116,280!!!!

Well thank you.. I do sort of feel vindicated. :D I of course have zero reason to lie.. but it really just sucks! :sad: Incidentally I played on/off last night after that.. but I couldn't really duplicate it and only able to reach max about 76000 (below is one of them). I think I just burned out from playing it, as once I died once or twice in the first 3-4 boards I'd get pissed and restart :lol:

That is quite an amazing story you have nonetheless! We'll be sure to keep an eye out for more of these come further in the contest! :twisted:

:P

Well thank you.. I do sort of feel vindicated. :D  I of course have zero reason to lie.. but it really just sucks!  :sad: Incidentally I played on/off last night after that.. but I couldn't really duplicate it and only able to reach max about 76000 (below is one of them). I think I just burned out from playing it, as once I died once or twice in the first 3-4 boards I'd get pissed and restart :lol:

Ya. I thought about starting a topic for each HSC.

What is your reset point.

For example with me my reset point in MS. Pacman is I cannot lose any lives on the first two levels.

We'll be sure to keep an eye out for more of these come further in the contest!  :twisted:

Well we'll see. My participation in these contests is spotty at best. But when someone breaks out Ms. Pacman (one of my all time favs) there was no way I wasn't participating.. my high actually in the arcade game is about 140k, and on fast speed, on a really GOOD day I can reach 200-300k. I've never really tried the MsPac/Galaga combos, but they either 1) must be a lot easier or 2)give out lots of bananas in the later stages because I regularly see 300-600k high scores on them. Anyway.. just rambling. :D

Incidentally What's the next game? :)

What is your reset point. For example with me my reset point in MS. Pacman is I cannot lose any lives on the first two levels

Yeah on my high above I didn't die until pretzel stage I think. So after that any point where I died once during the first 2 stages, I was resetting. If I died twice before the apple.. then I reset as well. Problem is that was all I was doing :P

Gosh, NE1, that Sony television looks as old as a 7800 console 8)

I found it in the recycle room outside! :lol: The owner was even kind enough to tape the remote to it :P Makes for a great playroom tv. It's funny in this apt. people are always throwing away nice stuff.. I got a Sony Trinitron in my bedroom that I found in the same place! And that's just the start of the cool things I have gotten by simply visiting 'the recycle room'.

Personally, I think 7800 games look great on my 32" RCA, even if they're RF modulated...  8)

I'm sure it does :D In our living room though we just have an ok 27" we bought.. We're still in a very temporary living situation (we're been in Seattle only 3 years while the wife attended law school, and are probably moving to Charlotte end of this year) and it doesn't make sense to get anything until we're actually and finally settled down :)

And that's just the start of the cool things I have gotten by simply visiting 'the recycle room'.

OK, alot of apartments have an emtpy room they use for showing propspective renters.. That's not a "recycle room"!!!!!

:-)

desiv

Oh man if I took stuff from the model apt I'd be in high hog heaven! :lol:

Actually I think it's just that there's such a quick turnover of residents due to the large amount of employees Microsoft puts here.. they come here, stay for a couple of months, then just like that they relocate or go back to their country, or get a house, etc. Then they just throw all their stuff out! It makes for fat pickings lemme tell ya :D