IGNORED

Who here has a Light Sixer?

Atari Charles

I have one now. It was given to me by my nieghbour with some common games. Good thing: It is made in Sunnyvale California. The bad thing is: It is the Scar-Face version. Someone left a burning cigarette on the top of it thus it has a 2 inch long scar. I can't complain as it was free. My nieghbour also gave me a Four-Switch, joysticks, paddles, and cables.

One day, I hope to get a Heavy-Sixer, but I'm not willing to pay the crazy amounts people are asking on Ebay.

If you want to get a Heavy sixer just keep checking ebay like once every othere day. I got really Lucky and i picked up a heavy sixer plus 115, 2 sets of paddles, 4 joysticks, 2 game organizers and the power supply and an RF adapter from radioshack with a BIN for $99. Could not pass that up and it works just fine no problems with it at all.

RD

If you're dilligent enough you can get a nice heavy sixer cheap. Last year I lucked out on a mint, CIB Sears heavy sixer with a few Sears text labels for $60 (only thing that wasn't original was the AC), and last week scored a bare Sears heavy sixer (no accessories or games) for $13. You just gotta keep checking.

I have one. It was my first current-era Atari (I had a heavy sixer and later a 7800 when they were new). It was given to me by a friend and now, 400+ cartridges and six classic consoles later) is still my favorite (except for when I try to jam thicker cartridges into it...then I use my Jr.). :)

Voch

My first Atari was a Light Sixer... gave me many good years of play until I replaced it with a Heavy Sixer. Strangely enough, I have both Light and Heavy Sixer's, a Darth Vader, both the long/short rainbow variations of the 2600 Jr... and yet I don't have a regular 4-Switch system. Oh well, I'm not complaining.

--Zero

My first Atari was a Light Sixer... gave me many good years of play until I replaced it with a Heavy Sixer. Strangely enough, I have both Light and Heavy Sixer's, a Darth Vader, both the long/short rainbow variations of the 2600 Jr... and yet I don't have a regular 4-Switch system. Oh well, I'm not complaining.

--Zero

Sounds a bit like me. I've found boxed heavy and light sixers (sears) and a bunch of Jr's over the last year or so, but I only found one Vader and one four-switch woody. The vader I sold in a lot, and the woody I cannibalized to repair a Sears Video Arcade II with a bad RIOT, so in the end I still don't have a (working) 4-switch. :-)