IGNORED

2600 commercials for download?

King Atari

I know you can get old 2600 commercials off of The Old Computer.com, but those are all realplayer. Does anyone know where I can get some 2600 commercials that are supported by windows media player? Specifically, I'd like to get the Mario Bros. and E.T. Christmas spots. Thanks in advance.

It might be possible for you to set the preferences of Windows Media to play ALL video files on your computer.

But then again, that's not quite what you're looking for. It's what I do when I want to play things intended for RealAudio in WinAmp instead.

I was gonna say that some guy named Mindfield flooded the newsgroups with a bunch of ads around a year ago or so. I believe I have them all still. I don't remember what format they were all in, but I believe the majority were divx or mpeg which would play in WMP just fine.

Cap

It might be possible for you to set the preferences of Windows Media to play ALL video files on your computer.

But then again, that's not quite what you're looking for. It's what I do when I want to play things intended for RealAudio in WinAmp instead.

Everytime I try that it says it's not supported. I'll check again, maybe some of the settings are off.

I was gonna say that some guy named Mindfield flooded the newsgroups with a bunch of ads around a year ago or so. I believe I have them all still. I don't remember what format they were all in, but I believe the majority were divx or mpeg which would play in WMP just fine.

Cap

That would have been me. :-) I think I only ever did that the once, but I think I managed to post the entire gig-plus I had at the time (over a period of a few days I think due to my server's limitations.)

Course I've since switched providers, and their Usenet support falls just short of "What do you mean binaries?"

thanx so much! how many atari 2600 commercials are there total? are we talking over fifty?

My collection currently consists of 87 across 2600, 5200, 7800, Jaguar, Lynx, Atari 8-bit and Atari ST, plus 11 software company ads (Imagic, Parker Bros., etc.) and 9 Hasbro-Atari ads (for their PC Atari license revamps). There are some dupes in there between low and high quality versions, too (mostly 5200 and 2600 HQ/LQ versions). This also includes "The Cave" Jaguar infomercial and the 2-minute 2600 MTV spots. I know there are a lot more out there that I haven't been able to find yet.

Dude, thanks for the 7800 commercials. I especially like the more games one, there are games that were never released advertised, like GATO. My old one was the revised version.

Would you be able to perhaps put up those Mario & ET commercials, if you have them? And maybe some 5200 ones?

Dude, thanks for the 7800 commercials. I especially like the more games one, there are games that were never released advertised, like GATO. My old one was the revised version.

Would you be able to perhaps put up those Mario & ET commercials, if you have them? And maybe some 5200 ones?

The Mario and E.T. Christmas ads are linked above, but here's an extra:

E.T.: The Shed (3.9mb MPG)

I had to remove the 7800 ads to get enough server space to post this. (I'm using my ISP webspace for this. One of these days I'll get around to setting my own server back up)

awesome! Thanx For the et Shed Commercial! i have never seen that one. :)

It's never been posted for download anywhere that I know of. Brian Delhi (who runs tvspil.dk) sent it to me back when I offered to host his videos. He never did get back to me about that... pity, 'cos his website has some nice ads I don't have, but I can't download 'em 'cos they stream from a host that doesn't allow access directly to the WMV files from an outside domain. (I've tried everything to grab 'em)

There is a guy in Denmark that has a web site and he is selling a cd with 50 Atari commercials on it in Jpeg format, for about $10.00 U.S and I was thinking of buying one to see if its any good, I will let you know if it works out.

:ponder: :idea: :!: