IGNORED

Sunnyvale Pricing

nh31970

Thanks for the offer, but I'm not really into the Sears one. I saw some yahoo trying to sell a complete original Atari Sunnyvale in the box on Ebay for $375! I asked him why wasn't the Atari logo on the paddles, and he just started going in and on about how "this here is a collectors item". What a putz.

Thanks for the offer, but I'm not really into the Sears one. I saw some yahoo trying to sell a complete original Atari Sunnyvale in the box on Ebay for $375! I asked him why wasn't the Atari logo on the paddles, and he just started going in and on about how "this here is a collectors item". What a putz.

LOL :!:

I got my Sunnyvale house for $575k.

Man how big of a house do you live in? Because there are HUGE and I mean huge 2 story, 5 car garage, maids quaters in the rear, indoor and outer pool, marble mansions around here that dont go for much more than that.

-Tim

expensive! ouch! :!:

Heh-heh, yes. Hi-tech salaries are higher here but a lot of it comes down to how lucky you get on stock options. I've had just enough luck to keep treading water. In California, you're paying for the weather, and in the Bay area you're also paying to be where the jobs are.

The house btw is a 1442 sq ft three bedroom with a family room where we installed a projector and got a spiffy home theater going. We bought it last December (which explains the lack of updates on my website, heh-heh).

Boy, better drag this thread back on-topic. The 6-switcher models all use a 4050 digital buffer chip on the luma and sync lines which should give better looking video than a 4-switcher. I can't see any difference, but

Atari went back to 4050s with the 2600jr motherboard, so they must have liked it.

There is also a space to solder an eprom for a built-in game, but it needs a little extra circuitry to work.

One article mentioned that an early 2600 assembly lot had a problem with warped covers, so the workers had to learn the "VCS karate chop" to put them together.

:D

The 6-switcher models all use a 4050 digital buffer chip on the luma and sync lines which should give better looking video than a 4-switcher. I can't see any difference, but  

Atari went back to 4050s with the 2600jr motherboard, so they must have liked it.

Funny how my PAL 4-switches have far more inferior picture quality than my 6-switch and Jr. systems. The difference is quite well noticable! Oops, still off topic. :ponder: