IGNORED

AA Anthony Atari GAME OF THE WEEK- SURROUND

ANTHONY ATARI

SURROUND IS AN AWSOME 2 PLAYER GAME MADDE BY ATARI.

In Surround, the both og you control a dot which does not stop, but you steer. Everywhere the dot goes, it leaves a line behing. The rule is, you are not allowed to touch any lines! So the point of the game is to surround your opponent with lines till hes completely surrounded and touches a line. Then you get a point.

the only negative thing about the game for me is that I always chew up and spit out everyone that I play against, so it's not much of a challenge for me.

Perhaps it would be more challenging if I play with one of you guys.

Anyway, if you hit the select button a bit, the last game variation is actually a drawing game! sort of like a very primitive version of Microsoft paint. Its a grerat way to draw pictures and show people what excellent graphics your Atari can do with games from the late 70s.

Overall, this game rocks! If you like 2 player games and you dont have this game, you need to buy yourself a copy! In the Atari catalog, they have an illustration of a man surrounded by closing metal walls. Dont ask me what this has to do with the game, though. Perhaps Atari used to have the illustrator make the drawing before the game was even invented or something.

The copy of the game I have has green text.

My next step is to order a copy of Warring Worms, which is based on Surround.

post-4652-1084413080_thumb.jpg