IGNORED

What's a service exchange only box look like?

Dolt

I have someone offering to sell me four consoles, none of which are in the original box,but one is in a box labeled "service exchange only." Of course, he wants me to name a price. Can anyone post a shot of what one of these boxes look like before I name a price to this dude? Any suggestions on a price to offer. He has *some* joysticks and a few powerpacks and doesn't know if they work. I'm thinking I might pass on this altogether, but I am curious about that box.

Anyone?

easy to imagine a video store that also did servicing of consoles. they might have put that label or stamp on a box of one they had serviced for resale and don't want someone to return it and ask for a full refund value of a brand new system. that's a complete guess though, since i've never seen anything like that. only thing that comes close is the atari 2600 box that is marked "RECONDITIONED"

This is a whole different animal, but I had some warrenty work done on a laptop computer once and it was returned in a plain brown box with the name of the company's service department on it. This " service exchange only box" may be nothing more than a plain brown box with "Atari Service Department" on it.

Just speculation on my part.

-S